The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Exterior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedOne stop shop for light bulbs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One stop shop for light bulbs?
    Posted: 12-Sep-2008 at 19:20
So, my passenger side city light burned out the other day. I'm going to make one fell swoop and replace ALL of my bulbs at once, even the back ones. Because, with my luck, I'll replace one and the other one will go out.

Is there any place online I can buy all the bulbs? The H7s, W5Ws, D2S...ALL of them. I would like to replace the city lights with LED's from 42 Draft Designs but I don't know which one is compatible.

TIA!

I also had saved a thread with information regarding a seller on eBay who sells the HIDs. I looked into that last night and they're no longer a registered user.
JimmyPringles View Drop Down

Quote JimmyPringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2008 at 00:12
By all your bulbs, do you mean interior as well?

Check out......

SuperBrightLeds.com

I bought from them before, good bulbs, fast shipping & good prices.

Edited by JimmyPringles - 13-Sep-2008 at 06:17
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2008 at 09:22
The D2S are $$$. I got my from an ebay store, HID-Concept. The prices everywhere else were pretty high for the HIDs.
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2008 at 16:34
Originally posted by rustybronco

The D2S are $$$. I got my from an ebay store, HID-Concept. The prices everywhere else were pretty high for the HIDs.

WTF?? I couldn't find the seller through a search. Good deal, thanks for the link!
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2008 at 12:28
Ya, I couldn't find it through search either, had to go into my ebay history to get the link

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2008 at 10:24

So are these the lights you ordered Jon? I could have sworn you said they were cheaper than this, but it beats paying $300+ for a pair, plus there's free shipping on these.
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2008 at 11:29
those are them. I think i paid little less, just under $100. I can't find my record of it and it's been so long ebay has deleted it.

It might be worth while to check into additional sources. I recall most places being around $120 for one.

A local guy recently told be about a "Beijing special" that was a lot less: http://www.vvme.com/catalog/list-s-10145-10146.html. Their prices are dirt cheap, and the local guy likes them, but I can not in good faith recommend them myself. Someone pointed out that the color chart here was photo-shoped (notice the sky is purple!)

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2008 at 23:28

those are them. I think i paid little less, just under $100. I can't find my record of it and it's been so long ebay has deleted it.

It might be worth while to check into additional sources. I recall most places being around $120 for one.

A local guy recently told be about a "Beijing special" that was a lot less: http://www.vvme.com/catalog/list-s-10145-10146.html. Their prices are dirt cheap, and the local guy likes them, but I can not in good faith recommend them myself. Someone pointed out that the color chart here was photo-shoped (notice the sky is purple!)

I like the old adage, "you get what you pay for."
FirestarterGER View Drop Down

Quote FirestarterGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2008 at 18:46
Hello,

I blew two of my DRL's in the past two month.
Each Bulb was $146 and I reinstalled them.

Now, I'm running without DRL since I pulled relay #173
I also replaced all inside lights with LEDs and my City Lights as well as Side Markers are LEDs.

Such a sudden change might mess with your Cars Computer and LEDs might be flickering. Reset the Computer by pulling of the Ground Cable from the Battery. Everything worked fine for me, even the Radio!

Fs

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2008 at 22:15
Originally posted by FirestarterGER

Such a sudden change might mess with your Cars Computer and LEDs might be flickering.

How can changing bulbs mess with the computer? I know Ben (straightw8) has LED's for city lights and he has no problems...I've never heard of such a thing I guess. I'm always learning something new about my ride!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>