The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Welcome to W8forum.dk! Introduce yourself here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome to W8forum.dk! Introduce yourself here!
    Posted: 16-Sep-2008 at 10:25
I figured we needed to start a big thread of our loyal members and their W8's in one place!

Here's what you do: You can give your real name if you'd like long with general information about yourself such as age, hobbies, and occupation. Give us some general information about your W8 (year, color, tranny, etc.) Then pick out ONE favorite picture of your ride and place it in your post.

We have members literally from around the world, so let's see those gorgeous 8's!
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
Ant View Drop Down

Quote Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2008 at 15:36
Name: Ant
Occ: Photographer

Just bought an 02 (52) W8 Auto tip, Sat Nav, Silver, Black Recaro Interior, 42000 on the clock, full VWSH, one owner.

This site has been a great help as I bought the car blind and didn't know of the potential Passat problems.....

Anyway,

Problems since buying a month ago.....

1.Pollen filter water leak.
After reading a few articles on this subject and washing the area around the engine bay, I thought I would lift the carpets just to be on the safe side.....Nice and wet down there it was!!! So trip to VW for a new housing and some gunk they supply (get rid of the seal thats supplied) and no more leaks...Burnt out the wife's hair dryer drying the underlay....OOPS! More expensive than the pollen filter housing!! :(

2.Already had the cam adjusters done 1500 miles ago.

3. Some monkey had changed the xenon bulb ripped the cover off the back and disengaged the ball joint used to adjust the headlight....Found this out after some serious night driving and getting a few signs from other drivers. Also, the euro / uk leaver had been set to euro setting..
Oh, and not to mention the water in the light unit. So took it all off, cleaned, adjusted and zero'd the control unit.
Found the sensor on the front axle had the wires cut off probably by the monkey because he couldn't set the range...Had to renew the loom and reconnect. Nice!

3a. Answered somones question on WikiAnswers "How to remove a W8 headlight" with my new found knowledge.

4. New wheels and tires 18 inch RS4....cheaper than refurbing the old BBS wheels. For sale if anyone is interested..

5. Disconnected the battery to clear drain holes (preventative)but when reconnected the mile and time displays didn't come back on.....Two days later they decided to make an appearance..

Well thats my life story so far with the W8 after being told by the wife I love it more than her....

Can't post a pic right now cos this forum won't let me.

Cheers

Ant
cocaire View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cocaire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2008 at 16:29
Name: Pierce
Occ: Chef
Hobbies: Cars, tattoos, my wife

2003 Pacific Blue exterior Black interior, 6MT with 129K miles

one thing I love/hate about this car is that I putt around in the city doing 40 in 5th gear and get 16mpg but when i cruise at 85-90 in 6th ill get 24+mph

dont have many pics yet but this is my fav so far
03 W8 6MT
Tog Bog e
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2008 at 21:20
Name: Jeremy
Occupation: Truck Driver by day, your friendly neighborhood moderator by night!
Hobbies: Cars, video games, music

The ride: 2002 Black exterior, Gray interior. Tippy with a little over 80k miles.

Mods: Euroswitch, DRL relay pulled, S2000 Antenna, painted lowers, 35% tint all around, smoked tail lights, chrome mirror caps, H&R/Koni suspension setup (lowered ~1.75" in front and 1.5" in back), Denison Icelink iPod adapter, 18" B6 Audi S4 Avus wheels. COMING SOON: smoked turn signals, smoked fender markers, chrome door handles, JOM black badgeless grille, replace Bi-xenon headlights, 4" SilverLine or Magnaflow mufflers.

Affliations: Projekt German, PassatWorld, B5one, and Eurowerks.

Current pic as she sits today (minus the OEM roof rack):
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
___/ __/ _/ View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote ___/ __/ _/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2008 at 21:44
Name: Mike

Hobbies: Cars, movies, Delta Burke fan club (pres.), golf, fishing, skiing, traveling, skiing, vacation.

Das Auto: 2003 Blue Spirit Pearl, all black interior, TIP, 86k, 35% tint all around, chrome mirrors, all chrome JOM grille, Euro switch, KVW-100, de badged rear, blinker Stealth Bulbs, TT tuning shorty antenna, TSW Vortex 18" with Toyo Proxies 4 235/ZR18/40 W, clear front side markers, custom cat-back straight-through Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, SpeedTuningUSA software flash. SOON: possible coil-overs of some sort, possible shock/spring combo, Amsoil cone filter or RSD design CAI setup heavily modified!

"I agree that the W8 is a great car--when it works... "
-dstathos-

^Pure Genius! Why didn't I write that?!?

RIDETOLIVE92 View Drop Down

Quote RIDETOLIVE92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2008 at 01:48
jeff
42 next month
restaurant manager
hobbies include...motorcycles, concerts, and now passat and w8 forums to get modding ideas

2003 silver blue metalic tip sedan dark grey interior 65,000 miles

mods include...net-optic interior trim, stubby antenna, 20% tint all around, debadged rear except W8, debadged chrome/black grille w/ W8 logo, trunk 6 disc changer (should have just gone straight for ipod adapter), new set michelin pilot exaltos 225 45r17,

Edited by RIDETOLIVE92 - 17-Sep-2008 at 07:51
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2008 at 12:04
Jon
"occupation": graduate research assistant, working on my phd in materials science. 4 years in so far, hopefully have about a year left.
hobbies: lifting, working on cars, mtn. biking, hiking, camping. want to get into kayaking someday. used to climb some.

W8: 2003 Tiptronic, black w/ black interior

Mods: trunk warning triangle, sunglass holder, front euro plate (YLo JaKT for Yellow Jacket), ice link ipod adapter, Funk switch, smoked bumper markers, 18' Phaeton Challenge wheels, 35% tint, Tip in "sport" mode, SpeedTuningUSA chip, K/N filter, euro switch, DRL disabled, VAGCOM cable (hey, i'm counting it!)

on the "list": "blue" side mirrors, diesel geek skid plate. Ways down the road: Bilstien/H&R suspension, painted lowers, redo bumpers after years of street parking... hehe.

Holding out on picture a little longer, hopefully heading up the Smokies this weekend

never made it to the Smokies:

Edited by rustybronco - 27-Sep-2008 at 12:45
JTninja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JTninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2008 at 05:43
Hi guys!

Im JT, 19 years old, living in Southern California.
Job: In-N-Out associate
hobbies: ALMS, building model cars, batracer, bowling, driving

Car: 2003 W8 Variant 4 motion with sport suspension. Tiptronic. White Exterior (with Black linings) and Grey interior.

Mods: Europlate (Stormtrpr), S2000 intenna, Very dark tint, Magnaflows, black lining.

Future mods: Chip, smoked headlights, and black painted lowers. Also looking into buying some Velocity V710s, either powercoating them Pure White or some for of Black (Onyx?)

Will post a picture tomorrow, taking lots lately. Sadly, since I bought this out of state, I have to take it to the DMW. I might be able to pass without the turning lights (where the black front strip replaced), but I highly doubt I can get away with the tint

For those who were wondering, this was infact JTaylor42s W8. Picked it up at his house in New Mexico, and drove the car 850 miles home. The ride was incredible. After owning a 02 B5.5 GLX 4mo, this is a great improvement! Will try to continue the storm trooper look (might have to buy a costume ;) )

Teaser :D

Edited by JTninja - 27-Sep-2008 at 11:45
JT Tami
The_Supervisor View Drop Down

Quote The_Supervisor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2008 at 01:38
Name: Cody
Occupation: Sell and install car audio and home theater components
Hobbies: Cars, car audio, home theater, detailing

My whip: 2003 Volkswagen Bora 1.8T

Mods:
-Magnaflow turboback exhaust
-Neuspeed P-Flo
-Forge 007 CL DVPS
-Helix projector smoked CCFL lights
-New South Performance boost gauge pod with VDO gauge (42DD lighting)
-Euro badges
-Kenwood DNX-5120 DVD player/NAV
-Alpine 600.1 sub amp
-Alpine 150.2 speaker amp
-JL Audio XR series 6.5" components all around
-4 JL Audio 6" W3v3 subwoofers "the baby boomers"

Websites: Projekt German, VWforum, VWVortex

VTEC: All the turbo lag without the turbo

2003 VW Bora 1.8T

-Cody
makattkd View Drop Down

Quote makattkd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2008 at 02:33
Hey all,

Im Tim from Australia, im hoping to get a W8 in the next 12 months, but they aren't easy to come by (not very popular here).

Current ride: 1990 S13 Nissan Silvia (240sx is the US), mods include an RB25DET conversion with plenty of mods!

Im too old now for a toy like this so I wanted something up market and exclusive.

Loving this forum as ive been able to find next to nothing out about them so far!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>