The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

normally this would be a great thing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: normally this would be a great thing
    Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 23:11
two VW "V8s" in my driveway. toureg is loaner for wife's car in shop. but atlanta has a serious problem with gas availability! sorta puts a damper on my enthusiasm...
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 23:18
Very nice! How's it drive?

My gf just told me it takes ~14 hours of labor and $1500 for an alternator in a Touareg (she works for a car shop).
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
JimmyPringles View Drop Down

Quote JimmyPringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 23:27
Speaking of work & labor, I just found out yesterday, that the newer VW's e-brakes are electronic, and that if you ever need to do a brake job, the rear calipers can only be retracted via VagCom.

How convienient of them.
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2008 at 14:21
Matching too!

I can't help but think car companies are actively trying to make it so people can't work on their own cars... I think we'll eventually see steer by wire too.
squish View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2008 at 20:28
yeah, they are matching! classic VW color.

the touareg drives great. i think it is very similar to my buddy's A6 4.2. doesn't feel very top-heavy compared to other SUVs.

gets HORRIBLE mileage. have not been able to get better than 17mpg hwy
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2008 at 21:49
Originally posted by rustybronco

I can't help but think car companies are actively trying to make it so people can't work on their own cars...

Actually there's been talk about that...I heard even 10 years ago that eventually there will be a "cover" over an engine and a special tool would be required to remove it -- available only to certified mechanics. I've also heard that Porsche is starting to do this, but I may be wrong.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
R32Viper View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2008 at 10:40
Nice Toureg I like them on High suspension settings on the snow. To bad that we don't have any snow in GA.
 Post Reply Post Reply