The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Best of the Rest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Clay Your W8.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sledgeharvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clay Your W8.
    Posted: 17-Jan-2007 at 14:29
Hey Guys!!.. I just wanted to say I just "Clayed my W8 and OH!!. MY .. GOD!!.. It looks Gorgeous.. as if it didn't before.. but .. that's besides the point... I was noticing on the bumper the fact that it wasn't feeling as smooth as it normally is.. so I decided to Clay it... along with the rest of the car!!.. I used the Meguiars Clay System... I just have to say the results were AMAZING!!.. I topped it off with Meguiars NXT Generation Wax Paste... Smooth can't even fully explain how smooth it is.. Meguiars is going to hve to creat a new word for how smooth their products get their consumers cars,!!.. ha ha!.. Just kidding.. I'll get off they D*ck.. but seriously .. If you are experiencing any kind of unsmoothness to your cars paint... try "Claying" it.. I don't really think it matters what name brand you use.. Mothers has one that's Great also.. Hawaian Shine.. or something like that has one also.. if you like their products...I know I use my W8 as my daily driver being the fact that it's my ONLY car.. I like my W8 to shine as if it was still a brand new 2007 or whatever year the newest car year is.. also I would like to make sure I use products that are going to keep the car looking like a brand new so just in case I eventually need to trade it in for a New Passat.. or Phaeton.. the next person owning my W8 will get the deal of a century.. and will take pride into it as I and many other of us W8 owners are!!.. not to mention Car Value... It's nice to drive around in it or any other car for that matter that you've just spent many painstaking hours cleaning, shining, waxing, claying, buffing and what ever else you spent hours doing.. I think sometimes it almost feels like the car runs better when the car has just been spoiled by a good number of hours of you nuturing it's beauty back to Perfectness... ha ha.. or maybe I'm just as the Meguiars Guru himself says.. I'm just Car Crazy...!!!

Edited by sledgeharvy - 17-Jan-2007 at 20:30
sledgeharvy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sledgeharvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 20:18
Finally uploaded the picture I took of the car when I clayed it..check out the relection it's like looking into a mirror!! You've gotta love it..

sledgeharvy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sledgeharvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 20:21
I think it actually looks better than when I first bought it.. the picture of when I first bought it is my signature.. I took a whole bunch of pictures... and if you look at the plastic on the bottom of the car it looks a lot darker...
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2007 at 00:59
Squeaky clean! Nice job! I'll definitely have to do that when spring comes...

BTW, your W8 is a mirror-image to mine minus the interior...mine is gray. =)
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2007 at 17:58
I wish the weather was warm enough to even rinse my car. . I hope to do a claybar cleaning this spring. Clay Magic has been recommended to me.
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
JimmyPringles View Drop Down

Quote JimmyPringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2007 at 19:33
well let me tell you, having an indoor heated spot to wash my car during the winter, is fantastic. although Ive left mine dirty for the last 2 weeks cuz I think it looks "tougher".

sorry, just wanted to rub it in.
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2007 at 22:36
Originally posted by JimmyPringles

sorry, just wanted to rub it in. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

Are you referring to the claybar?
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

R32Viper View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 20:55
How can you add Pictures to the Post area?
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 09:01
You first need to have a place to host your photo. I use www.photohost.org. However, there are many, many places to go including Google. Then just click on the the "insert image" button and follow the instructions when submitting a post.

Edited by B5crazy - 19-Apr-2007 at 15:02
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 23:06
Originally posted by B5crazy

[QUOTE=JimmyPringles] sorry, just wanted to rub it in.
Are you referring to the claybar?

Nice! :D
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>