Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Interior Speakers..Monsoon system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote yoshie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interior Speakers..Monsoon system
    Posted: 17-Jan-2007 at 21:58
I recently put a new headunit in my car a month or two ago...today I actually got down and listened to every speaker (something I should have done after hooking up the system)...I find it odd that the driverside rear door tweeter does not work and the rear passenger side door 6.5 does not work....maybe I just blew them with my system...but I am wondering if it was simply an error that occurs with the monsoon amp having a conflict with the head unit....any of you that have aftermarket head units experiencing the same problem?
2003 W8 Sedan
Alpine HU, Adire Sub, Cadence Amp
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 21:59
I can tell you that the wiring used for the speakers in my '99 B5 were crap. One of my rear speakers died a year or so ago. When I took the door panel off I found that the insulation was crumbling off the wires and thus shorting out.

My suggestion is to pull the door panel and check the wiring.
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
FirestarterGER View Drop Down

Quote FirestarterGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2007 at 20:10
I have a 2004 W8 and my rear passenger door speakers are dead.
As I learned the hard way, VW wiring sucks.
The rubber bellow between the door and the cars column scraped all of the insulation of my speaker wires.
In fact, my son opens the rear passenger door every morning to get his school stuff out. That is the only door that has no sound.
I'm not putting fault at my son, VW wiring just sucks.

Regards,

Marc

Edited by FirestarterGER - 22-Jan-2007 at 02:16
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2007 at 21:04
No wonder VW has so many electrical problems. Is Bosch their supplier of wiring?
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
yoshie1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote yoshie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2007 at 22:52
Well it is nice to see it wasn't just me doing something wrong it seems. I can't even play anything in my car right now since the one speaker goes in and out of working and by working I mean it sounds like a blown speaker. Therefore, I need to either disconnect the speaker or find out if its shorting out, etc. and fix it. Either way it looks like my car is up for a complete rewire to be on the safe side. Local car shop said it would be around fifty bucks to do awhile back (who knows if thats still the price) but I will see when I go in on Friday to get my steering wheel controls hooked back up (have an aftermarket HU). Hopefully that is the case and I dont have to buy new speakers....if I do then I will probably just do one set of components in the back for now. Thanks for the heads up guys.
BTW, the one speaker that f'd up comes from a door that is never used but was used the day before when I had some people in my car...so maybe it was ready to go and the slam of the door did it.
2003 W8 Sedan
Alpine HU, Adire Sub, Cadence Amp
sledgeharvy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sledgeharvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2007 at 09:15
I am now having that problem too... my back passenger side door speaker is not producing any sound... sometimes like yesterday it comes on then later on that day it'll just come on.. at first I thought I had a blown speaker but then I heard it come back on.. so then I was like.. "WTF"... now I'm not sure what to do... Oh!!. By the way.. I have never changed any speakers or headunit.. or whatever concerning the radio on this car...

Edited by sledgeharvy - 23-Jan-2007 at 15:16
JimmyPringles View Drop Down

Quote JimmyPringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 21:10
Im happy with the monsoon system...for now.

I always do my own hook ups & wiring, when it comes to sterio equipment though, so Im not to worried about anything going on me. Plus its pretty much just me in my car all the time, so I guess I just have keep an eye out on the drivers door.
 Post Reply Post Reply