The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Recall Work Scheduled

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Stymie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recall Work Scheduled
    Posted: 17-Nov-2008 at 16:05
Originally posted by B5crazy

The recall waork is done and the it appears my radiator has a hole in it.

Has anyone replaced a radiator before?

Yes I have Tom, and my warranty company did so without a murmur. My dealer actually had one in stock.

My exxtended warranty compamy soaid they would only replace it if it is a mechanical failure. Since there are no mechanical parts to a radiator it sounds like a fight.

The radiator is a mechanical part. They don't have a leg to stand on in this argument.

The extended warranty folks are covering the radiator repair. Once the new radiator is received the car goes back for repair.

Good news!
Stymie View Drop Down

Quote Stymie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2008 at 16:30

...Several months ago I mentioned to the service advisor I would need a loaner since I live 50 miles away. I was told they didn't do loaners antmore. When I sceduled the work today (different service advisor) I was told no problem. Is this frustrating or what?
Originally posted by FirestarterGER

Hi,

I had my 2004 W8 in for the recall and my 2003 Gl.
Each time, I was denied a loaner car. But I fought the Dealer, since they also had to do warranty work on both cars.
You will not get a free loaner/rental on a recall, but they must offer you a free loaner/rental with extensive warranty work!

FS

My dealer doesn't give loaner cars anymore. However, for any warranty work that keeps the car for a day or longer, my warranty company will provide a free rental car. My only obligation is to bring it back with a full tank.

In my exprience it depends on the service advisor.

That is true. I only work with one fellow, and he is the best I have ever dealt with in my life. My battery went dead, and I was stranded. I got a pal to give me a jump start, and I got the car to the dealership. Since I was making an unscheduled visit, I was looking at several hours of that high quality waiting room time. I'm sure you guys are familiar with that.

No recall, no warranty work, no loaner/rental. Rather than see me twiddling my thumbs, my service advisor offered to let me use his own car! I declined his wonderful offer, and got a ride home from my pal.

I picked up the car the next day.

Edited by Stymie - 17-Nov-2008 at 16:31
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2008 at 09:23
Originally posted by Stymie

Yes I have Tom, and my warranty company did so without a murmur.

My service advisor said the same thing after calling them. She also said it was the nicest warranty company she had ever dealt with. Hopefully, this will continue into teh future.
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
JimmyPringles View Drop Down

Quote JimmyPringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2008 at 01:21
Which warranty company was this? If memory serves me correct, I may have chosen the same you had, so thats good to know.
Stymie View Drop Down

Quote Stymie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2008 at 19:51
Originally posted by JimmyPringles

Which warranty company was this? If memory serves me correct, I may have chosen the same you had, so thats good to know.

Jimmy, I'll have to go out to the car and grab my paper work to see. I'll post it later this evening.
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2008 at 16:04
I had the recall for the heat shields and fuel tank done and was offered a loaner without asking for one, said it would be covered by VW.
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2009 at 12:16
I've always gotten a loaner - at least if they have to keep it overnight.
2003 W8 Tip Limousine - locked in sports mode
GIAC pump/stock/ race files
Blue Spirit/ Black
JCON View Drop Down

Quote JCON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2009 at 00:42
I just bought a 2004 W8 with 38,000 miles on it. I was really excited to buy this car but after reading story after story of expensive repairs and horrifying experiences I am a little worried now. First, what warranty company do you all recommend and at what cost and second, please give me good news about the W8! Thanks!
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2009 at 01:12
Originally posted by JCON

I just bought a 2004 W8 with 38,000 miles on it. I was really excited to buy this car but after reading story after story of expensive repairs and horrifying experiences I am a little worried now. First, what warranty company do you all recommend and at what cost and second, please give me good news about the W8! Thanks!

Search is your friend. Welcome to the wonderful world of W8 ownership!

Aftermarket warranty reference thread
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
JCON View Drop Down

Quote JCON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2009 at 01:27
The more I search the more I think a college kid paying for all his expenses including college shouldn't have bought this. That being said, that very issue caused me to learn a ton about my 99 Passat v6 and how to do most work myself. I love this car and i'm glad to have a forum dedicated to it!

Thanks for the reply!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>