The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Recall Work Scheduled

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recall Work Scheduled
    Posted: 14-May-2009 at 08:59
I think you'll find that the members of this forum will typically go above and beyond to help each other out. Best online community I've ever been part of.
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
JimmyPringles View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JimmyPringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2009 at 00:12
Originally posted by JCON

I was really excited to buy this car but after reading story after story of expensive repairs and horrifying experiences I am a little worried now.

You have to realize too though, that with anything in life 99 times out of 100, you are always going to here the bad news, stories & complaints above all. This is usually the only time, when anyone and everyone ever gets vocal. Most happy people are complacent and quiet.

This scenario always feels larger than it seems is in smaller groups (ex. limited vehicles) because again, the outstanding voices you are going to hear, are the ones who are not happy.

I'm not denying that people haven't had their share of reoccurring model issues, but it pays to be smart for peace & sound mind, by looking into an after market warranty. As well, get in tight with any local VW clubs hang outs, etc., you never know who you may befriend, who may be in the auto world (ex. mechanics, parts, etc.). All of this only helps & adds up in the end, owning a unique vehicle, or any vehicle.

Also while other Passat owners (1.8T/V6) like to scream "stay away!!", when it comes to the W8, take a look at any other VW, or Passat forum. Again, 99 out of 100 "problem" threads, are 1.8T's & V6's. It can be argued that is because of sheer volume vs. the W8, but I'm willing to bet the ratio is about the same across the board...although ours can be a bit pricier for certain aspects.

....and welcome!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123