Forum Home Forum Home > Traders Corner > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

FS: Wagon roof rails...red !....??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JimmyPringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS: Wagon roof rails...red !....??
    Posted: 11-Oct-2008 at 01:39
FS Passat Wagon roof rails, powder coated RED, with both chrome & black caps. Pics below.

OK, this is a long shot, but I figured I would just list them as is for now, and see what happens. For sale I have a set of blood RED wagon roof rails. They were powdercoated this color, to match/accent my wheels, which were powdercoated the same color. When I put them on however, I did not like the way it looked, and decided to put my full chrome roof rails back on, which to me looked way better. I can provide the color code if needed. While they may be red, obviously they are nice & clean (no scratches), as they were just powdercoated a couple of weeks ago.

With the rails, I am provding both the chrome & black covers. However, both the chrome & black middle caps for the drivers side are missing. I broke my chrome one, and the black one I lost & can not find. Below I have provided the VW part #'s for these missing caps (as well as the rest), and they can be purchased at any dealer (chrome middle ones at my dealer were $15, I'm sure black is a couple bucks less).

The chrome caps have some pitting in them (they are not metal they are plastic covered in chrome), as the previous owner of my car lived by the beach, so the sand must have "blasted" them a bit. The chrome caps also have some tabs broken, but can still be used on the rails. I would apply some clear silicone though, on the underside when using them just to make sure they do not come loose, or fall/slide off while driving.

Personally I think the red color would look good on a Black wagon (with other red accents). So, maybe there is a Black Wagon owner out there that these may suit. Or, you can just buy them, sand them down, and paint them back to black (or whatever color you choose) with some satin paint.

$125 shipped (USA).
PayPal accepted. Please feel free to reply here, or PM me if needed.

****VW Part #'s for caps****
3B9-860-145-C-2ZZ ...DRIVER ROOF RAIL FRONT COVER (CHROME)

3B9-860-146-C-2ZZ ...PASSENGER ROOF RAIL FRONT COVER (CHROME)

3B9-860-147-B-2ZZ ...DRIVER ROOF RAIL MIDDLE COVER (CHROME)

3B9-860-148-B-2ZZ ...PASSENGER ROOF RAIL MIDDLE COVER (CHROME)

3B9-860-149-C-2ZZ ...DRIVER ROOF RAIL REAR COVER (CHROME)

3B9-860-150-C-2ZZ ...PASSENGER ROOF RAIL REAR COVER (CHROME)

3B9-860-151 ...ROOF RAIL FOAM GASKET/PAD SET (BOTH SIDES...6 PADS)
--The pads do not come with this sale, I am just listing them for the buyer, as they are a wise purchase to buy new & replace when taking your roof rails off & on.

........FOR BLACK ROOF RAIL COVERS (FRONT & REAR ONLY), THE PART #'S ARE THE SAME, BUT THE LETTER "C" IS REPLACED BY "B" (FRONT & REAR ONLY). THE LETTER "B" (ON THE MIDDLE COVERS), IS REPLACED BY THE LETTER "A", for black ones.

...on the W8gon:

...for clicks:

Thanks for looking!!

Edited by JimmyPringles - 04-Nov-2008 at 07:58
squish View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2008 at 10:17
wow~ great imagination!
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT
JimmyPringles View Drop Down

Quote JimmyPringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2008 at 01:59
price lowered.

good price for clean rails.

Edited by JimmyPringles - 04-Nov-2008 at 08:04
IndyW8 View Drop Down

Quote IndyW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2008 at 08:34
They would be pretty hot on a black wagon - mine's silver, though. You'd probably sell them on passatworld.
 Post Reply Post Reply