The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum Locked1.8T Audi A4 Beat my W8 WHY???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote wiseguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.8T Audi A4 Beat my W8 WHY???
    Posted: 14-Oct-2008 at 18:38
My buddy has a audi a4 wagon and we were drag racing down the road and he walked off and left me . neither car has any mods done his is a quatro. any ideas. mine seems to be running fine recently had it into the shop for a general inspection and it received a clean bill of health.

chris
MikestroW8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MikestroW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2008 at 20:43
The A4 weighs over 300 lbs less than the W8..I'm pretty sure thats the difference
2003 Black Tip W8 Sedan
02passatw8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote 02passatw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2008 at 21:34
Try taking him from 70
lyrinx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lyrinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2008 at 21:58
The weight is important, but anyway we have about 100hp more.

My buddy has the A4 1.8T (2001) too, and there is no way he would even get close to W8. I have a TIP and his car is a manual. Audi A4 0-60 is about 8-9 seconds, depends what year and gearbox. Have you ever tried to check your 0-60 time ?

In other hand, I've been trying race off the line with Accord '00 3.0V6 and W8 is a little faster, Golf 5 GTI is a bit faster than W8.
In my experience, in higher speeds W8 is faster (so try on the autobahn next time and you'll see).

Edited by lyrinx - 15-Oct-2008 at 04:00
R32Viper View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2008 at 01:52
LoL, yes well sometimes is not the car is the driver. No offence, sometimes when anybody wants to race me or whatever I don't even try since I love my car so much. I may warm it up once in a while; I don't really drive my car to the limits, so I don’t have the experience or skills to ever go as fast as I can be in it. If it wasn't my car that’s a difference story I won't be that careful with the motor or Trans. I usually when I accelerate in 2nd and take it to 4,000 rpm I always switch to 4th skip 3rd I’m just use to drive the car that way. I was racing a 2008 Volvo 2.5T c60 and while I was racing I went from 2nd to 4th I guess I didn’t want to punish the motor, didn’t also knew I was going to be so slow whenever I change to 4th. Well the Volvo pass me like if I were stopped on the road. He didn’t want a rematch and kept going. My point is sometimes you just need to take the car to the limits in order to get close to the 0-60 time which is 5.9 for MT. Highway going 70 and up none of them can’t touch you, tested it on my way back from NJ to GA.

What Year is the Audi. I believe the new ones are close to 200+++ hp
I drove the 2004 Audi A4 1.8T 34,000 and I couldn't compare it. Too slow for the W8 {both cars were flash by Speedtuning}.

Edited by R32Viper - 15-Oct-2008 at 07:59
Corwin View Drop Down

Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2008 at 12:58
He probably has it chipped.
The_Supervisor View Drop Down

Quote The_Supervisor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2008 at 01:52
One of the biggest things may have been traction control. If you leave that on it will kill a lot of power on initial take off just to keep the wheels from spinning at all. Volkswagen's Anti-Slip Regulation works miracles but that miracle involves cutting the throttle down significantly when engaged.

Weight is a big factor me and Jeremy (SirRangeALot) were at a stop light pissin around and i wasn't really on the throttle and I kept up with him alright, but definitely from a 50 pull or so I'd easily get shut down.

A chipped 1.8T with decent supporting mods will put down about 220 hp and 250 ft lb tq. If he has any mods done to it like that that may be your reason.

Weight/power keep that in mind :)
VTEC: All the turbo lag without the turbo

2003 VW Bora 1.8T

-Cody
straightw8 View Drop Down

Quote straightw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2008 at 20:12
I concur. Any off the line drag will be slow compared to other well aspirated and exhausted cars, but get them on the highway, punch it, and you;ll find that not many others will be able to keep up.
 Post Reply Post Reply