Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - Central
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Cody -- Dubuque, Iowa, USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cody -- Dubuque, Iowa, USA
    Posted: 06-Apr-2008 at 00:13
I suppose I could add some recent pics:

Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
black4motion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote black4motion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2008 at 23:15
nice tails, de-badge and get a black vw trunk emblem, i love my set-up like that
2004 DÖÜBLE Ü8 6-speed
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2008 at 02:05
Originally posted by black4motion

de-badge and get a black vw trunk emblem, i love my set-up like that

I thought about that, and two things came to mind:

1) It seems like everyone debadges their car, I like to stand out, plus I 'd like people to know exactly what just blew by them..., and

2) I'm tired of people saying/asking "nice Jetta" or asking "is that a Jetta??" or mentioning anything about that dreaded "J" word in the world of Passats, which could correlate back to 1).
black4motion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote black4motion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2008 at 09:58
hahah good point I get the same thing, everyone keeps asking me at stoplights if its a 1.8t, and then I rev it up and they get a priceless look on their face, you'll know what I mean when you do your exhaust....some guy in a Mustang told me "that sound shouldn't come out of a VW" hahaha. Anyways very nice W8 man, you wouldn't happen to be coming to Waterfest would you? Its a hike for you
2004 DÖÜBLE Ü8 6-speed

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2008 at 12:22

some guy in a Mustang told me "that sound shouldn't come out of a VW" hahaha.

Pffft...he's just jealous that it sounds better and it's better quality than a Mustang could ever dream of.

you wouldn't happen to be coming to Waterfest would you? Its a hike for you

I wish I was...I'm making my way up to MN in a couple of weeks for Eurowerks, then flying down to Florida at the end of July, then Treffen in IL in August. My summer is booked. I'm definitely going next year though!!

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2008 at 01:33
I'll update my "build thread" with a couple of recent pics after the suspension install. The wheels go on this week, so I'll put some more pics up then.

squish View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2008 at 09:56
sir range, let me take those load bars from you. i really hate having to disassemble my bikes to take them to all the cycling events i do. the drivergear bars are getting hard to find too.
[jedi mind trick]let's clean up the look of your ride (eliminate drag for better mpg!) and let my car have a decent way to carry my bikes! [/jedi mind trick]
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2008 at 12:09
Originally posted by squish

sir range, let me take those load bars from you. i really hate having to disassemble my bikes to take them to all the cycling events i do. the drivergear bars are getting hard to find too.
[jedi mind trick]let's clean up the look of your ride (eliminate drag for better mpg!) and let my car have a decent way to carry my bikes! [/jedi mind trick]

Jedi mind tricks don't work on me. Nice try though.

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2008 at 19:25
Update for some recent pics:

rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2008 at 08:53
I think it's time for tinted bumper markers . Looking good!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>