Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote akdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apologies
    Posted: 14-Dec-2008 at 15:50
Apologies to anyone I have put off lately by being 'bitter.'

It is true that I am disappointed with the outcome of my W8, but I'm not clinging on just to rain on everyone's parade. I'll try and tone it down a bit and still help out where I can.   
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2008 at 17:15
Apology accepted and appreciated.

I'm happy that you're one of the few that have decided to stick around here. I'm not asking you to bite your tongue or 'sugar coat', what you went through is no walk in the park, but at the same time, any positive experience or advice you can give is much appreciated!
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2008 at 03:21
no worries akdub. It's understandable given the issues you had, it just needs to be temperred with some reality that not everyone has issues with their motor
straightw8 View Drop Down

Quote straightw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2008 at 11:48
i think we need to talk openly about instances of hardship when it comes to the particular ailments of our motors. we're all in the same boat here, so we can help each other.

Just the same as we should talk about all the joys that our cars ,provide us when they are running properly. That, and keeping an open discussion on ideas, advice, and cool mods that we can all enjoy!!
JimmyPringles View Drop Down

Quote JimmyPringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2008 at 17:52
No problem AKDUB, as I already stated you have done more in fighting, and finding out info for us whether we need it or not, more than anyone else, and that is very appreciated.

Instances of hardship, and everyones opinions bad are good are always needed, & helpful. I was just more trying to point out, that there was some wrong information stated too though. Although I believe the point that you AKDUB was trying to get across (but didnt entirely come out that way), was if you do do your own oil changes or any work on your W8, make sure you keep receipts, records, etc., because your warranty company may try to take a dump on you for doing so, when major work is needed on a limited, & "quirky" expensive car.

Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply