The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

First time in the snow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pssat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First time in the snow
    Posted: 19-Dec-2008 at 23:35
Today was wonderful in New England and I got to try out the W8 in the snow for the first time.

I drive a lot for one of my jobs and was driving a '91 Infiniti Q45 with a chip and no traction control for the last 4 1/2 years and was missed about 10-15 days of work a year during this time.

I enjoy my high powered Q ships and had my eye out for a W8 for a while.

Really was very good in the snow, until I got cocky and took a sharp left with too much speed, rear end stepped out for a second, but quickly regained control.

One complaint. Both the front and rear defrosters didn't do too much today. Anybody else have this issue?

RIDETOLIVE92 View Drop Down

Quote RIDETOLIVE92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2008 at 04:35
Originally posted by pssat

Really was very good in the snow, until I got cocky and took a sharp left with too much speed, rear end stepped out for a second, but quickly regained control.

Milwaukee had 12 inches in the past 36 hours. I was plowed in by the city trucks...i brushed her off, let her warm for 5-10 minutes, pressed ESP, put her in drive and blasted out like a bullet. praise the power of 4motion !!!

Edited by RIDETOLIVE92 - 20-Dec-2008 at 04:36
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2008 at 16:59
Originally posted by pssat

One complaint. Both the front and rear defrosters didn't do too much today. Anybody else have this issue?

Mine seem to work well.

Originally posted by RIDETOLIVE92

Milwaukee had 12 inches in the past 36 hours. I was plowed in by the city trucks...i brushed her off, let her warm for 5-10 minutes, pressed ESP, put her in drive and blasted out like a bullet. praise the power of 4motion !!!

Amen! Add that along with some meaty Blizzaks and it all seems/looks effortless (which it is...)
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
pssat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote pssat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 02:23
Amazing vehicle. Just stuck her in reverse and went through 7 inches of hard frozen snow without a problem.
JTninja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JTninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 05:41
Im jealous of you guys that have snow and such and get to drive your W8s in it. Im in Southern California, so we dont exaclty get that.

We finally got some rain, and dang did it dump! Was lots of fun driving in it, no loss of traction at all. Laughed at my brother and dad, who both have RWD BMWs (E36s) and had a few moments of no traction
JT Tami
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 08:14
Originally posted by JTninja

Im jealous of you guys that have snow

Don't be. Want some of ours?
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
Blu_W8 View Drop Down

Quote Blu_W8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 13:15

Im jealous of you guys that have snow and such and get to drive your W8s in it. Im in Southern California, so we dont exaclty get that.

You must be kidding!!! I am in So. Cal. as well and we got over 4 feet of snow this past week. My W8 is completely covered in 3 feet of snow, so I have not had it out to have fun. I spent over 7 hours yesterday clearing my driveway with my snowblower and will need to probably spend an equal amount of time to finally get the W8 dug out from its snow tomb. We have a possibility of getting an additional 2 feet of new snow this week from the approaching storms. So, no need to be jealous, you are less than two hours away from snow totals that have very few equals across the country.
___/ __/ _/ View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote ___/ __/ _/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2008 at 17:32
^Lemme guess: Venice Beach?
"I agree that the W8 is a great car--when it works... "
-dstathos-

^Pure Genius! Why didn't I write that?!?

JTninja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JTninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2008 at 00:35
Originally posted by Blu_W8

You must be kidding!!! I am in So. Cal. as well and we got over 4 feet of snow this past week. My W8 is completely covered in 3 feet of snow, so I have not had it out to have fun. I spent over 7 hours yesterday clearing my driveway with my snowblower and will need to probably spend an equal amount of time to finally get the W8 dug out from its snow tomb. We have a possibility of getting an additional 2 feet of new snow this week from the approaching storms. So, no need to be jealous, you are less than two hours away from snow totals that have very few equals across the country.

Dang! You must be high up somewhere, Im down in Irvine, and we just got wet! Distant mountains looked awesome though!

If I were you, Id did under the wheels, and then plow and upwards ramp from your wheels to snow level, and drive out of there!

So tempted to drive out there....
JT Tami
R32Viper View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2008 at 22:26
Can anybody let me know where there is a lot of snow right now so I can go and play a little. It got to be the closes to south east I don't want to drive all the way to Alaska or Canada for snow.LOL I want to make a trip to a snow place one of this days some kind of park where I can drive snow mobil.
 Post Reply Post Reply