Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

'03 Variant 6spd in Knoxville, TN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '03 Variant 6spd in Knoxville, TN
    Posted: 11-Jan-2009 at 16:51
On ebay at Lexus of Knoxville. I went and test drove it today for sh*ts and giggles. It'd cost too many $k's to make a lateral move from mine to it. It's in pretty nice shape though, and not too many variants around!

If anyone wants to know more about it or have me scan it with a vag-com let me know!

Funny, on the way home I was stopped next to a W8 variant at a light. I honked and waved; they seemed somewhat excited.

Edited by rustybronco - 11-Jan-2009 at 16:52
JTninja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JTninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2009 at 21:13
Only 95 of them around....what I would give for a 6spd swap...
JT Tami
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2009 at 07:45
If it was black on black and I knew service history I'd probably jump on it... though I'm pretty attached to mine
VWAffe View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote VWAffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2009 at 09:19
That is delicious. Oh, well...
'03 W8 Sedan 6MT     ..."it goes to 11!"
'02 V6 Wagon 4Mo 5MT (Swap In Work)     ...both black on black w/ limo tint
'14 JSW TDI 6MT
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2009 at 12:37
Has anyone ever seen a blk on blk 6spd wagon in the US?
Looking to buy a W8 Wagon 6-Speed to haul grocceries...And I finally found one on 2-16-2008
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2009 at 14:05
good question. I haven't seen one. I've seen black on black wagons with an automatic, and only a few 6spd wagons w/ black interior.
JimmyPringles View Drop Down

Quote JimmyPringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2009 at 03:22
Yes, there is one that I know of. It was for sale in Feb/March of 2006 in Michigan. It had 35K miles.

Long story short...I was very serious about buying it and had thorough correspondence with the owner. I was all set to take a drive up to Michigan to look it over (everything was just internet, phone & pics up to this point), the weekend after I got back from vacation in March. Well, while on vacation I destroyed my knee (torn ACL, both meniscus, & multiple fractures to the patella bone), so that obviously ruined that.

It was eventually sold to someone who posted on PassatWorld a bit, but I forgot who. I still have some pics though:

...In the end it all worked out for me, because by putting off my W8 6MT Wagon hunt for another year, I was able to come across mine only 3 hours away in PA, with only 9K miles on it. Albeit black on black is very nice.

Edited by JimmyPringles - 13-Jan-2009 at 03:24
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2009 at 12:57
Mmmmm...that IS delicious. I'd mod the sh!t out of that thing.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2009 at 10:20
Now that I think of it I remember seeing that one for-sale. I had been looking for 6spd wagon for about a year and a half.
Jimmy,

What color is your wagon? Grey/grey? Where in PA did you buy yours? Does your car have a little spot under the driver's or passengers door where it looks like the clear coat is gone? If so, I drove that car when it has 7k on it.
Looking to buy a W8 Wagon 6-Speed to haul grocceries...And I finally found one on 2-16-2008
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2009 at 07:11
The waggie in knoxville has been re posted with a buy it now of $13,000.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>