Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Found: Camshaft Adjuster Fix!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote orangeokie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Found: Camshaft Adjuster Fix!!!
    Posted: 15-Dec-2016 at 04:52
Originally posted by MRAJB

What warranty company do you have?

Apologies for the "late" reply.

It has been so long, I couldn't find the paper work on the warranty. It wads purchased at my local Cable VW in OKC. The bottom line is this . . . they fixed the one cam adjuster that was bad, but would not replace the other one (while the engine was out of the car) since it had not thrown a code. The mistake I made was not going ahead and paying for the other adjuster myself (around $2,000) because I thought when it goes bad, the warranty will pay for it. Little did I know that the warranty small print says any repairs will only pay up to the wholesale value of the car. When the second cam adjuster went bad a year later, I only had $1600 left on my warranty, so I ended up paying for the bulk of the repair. Nevertheless, the engine runs perfectly today, with about 70,000 miles on it. I really love this car. Still runs smooth, powerful, and looks like a classic Passat should.
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2016 at 15:48
Heh Blast from the past. The warranty company I had "VW Real Driver Platinum" the fine print said that single repair cost can't exceed the cash value of the car, and the total repairs during the warranty period cannot exceed the purchase price of vehicle.

See my post on here somewhere that i go into detail on my 3 month long ordeal.

Looking to buy a W8 Wagon 6-Speed to haul grocceries...And I finally found one on 2-16-2008
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415