Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Mechanics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Oil Pan Heaters - why, what and how

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JimmyPringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Pan Heaters - why, what and how
    Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 00:40
awesome great info. thanks.
wokwhisk View Drop Down

Quote wokwhisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 15:59
Terrific! What a great idea, also, for when I get a diesel! Thanks...
-Jake
2004 6MT
gforce View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote gforce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2009 at 01:13
Is there another option? looking through eBahn I came across mention of an "Auxiliary heater" which shows up in coolant hose diagrams and "Only vehicles with optional equipment". And has some mention of an 'exhaust' hole on the underbelly pan.

Does anyone know what this really is?
2010 CC VR6 4Motion Black/Black
2003 W8 Tip Sedan Black/Black - Traded In
gforce View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote gforce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2009 at 01:18
I don't know if they were ever available on W8s but the Auxiliary Heaters run off the fuel tank and have a pump to circulate heated coolant. The controller could be set to run the ventilation fan to warm up the interior of the car. It seems that since it warms the coolant that the engine would be warmed up too.

Do any of our cold climate owners have or know of this system?
2010 CC VR6 4Motion Black/Black
2003 W8 Tip Sedan Black/Black - Traded In
wokwhisk View Drop Down

Quote wokwhisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2009 at 08:04
It's a "stationary heater", a Standheizungen (I was curious back in late January 2004; I'd gotten my W8 the month before). I append a brief email exchange on the subject:

Subject: Standheizungen, with remote
Dan, I might be interested in this...wd it fit in an 04 W8 6-spd?
Reply:
Yes I will let you know how well it works as I have the same identical car in urbangrey and manual 6spd as well. I have a unit on the way for my car as we speak.
First person I have talked with that has the 6speed as well.   I am also importing all the other goodies that came on our cars that are omitted in the US. I just finished replacing the front windscreen with a heated one and finish all the wiring so I have a heated front windscreen.   I finished all the wiring for rear heated seats just waiting for the switches on each side of the cig. Lighter in the rear, and the we have the rear park distance control and OEM Navigation.
If you are interested in anything please let me know. I am looking at bringing all these options for people on passats if I get enough interest on these.
If you have any other questions please email or phone the shop here at 1-877-581-8204
Thank you,
Dan Grayson
Hillside Imports

But I never followed through , and I don't know what Dan Grayson may have accomplished...sounded impressive, though!
-Jake
2004 6MT
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2009 at 09:29
Neato all the euro goodies.. except no mention of the hitch.
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12