The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

W8 production numbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W8 production numbers
    Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 15:40
I got the Excel file from VAGguy covering Passat production from 1998-2005, inclduing W8s. Just click here and go to the FAQ section to download the Excel file. Enjoy

Edited by B5crazy - 22-Feb-2009 at 15:41
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
jmc_w8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jmc_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 16:15
I downloaded it. Thanks.

Well, it turns out that my '03 Tip sedan silver/black is the 2nd most common W8. Most common is the '02 of the same! I pretty much knew this. Reflex silver has very popular for VW and Audi and a black interior to go with it.

So, it is interesting that there are quite a few one-of year and configuration combinations. So does anyone here have one of these unique cars? Like a 2004 blue spirit 6 sp. variant with gray interior?

Thanks again for the info.
RobG View Drop Down

Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 16:49
Jings.

I knew they were fairly special, but i didn't realise there were only 248 registered in the UK
tripwalking View Drop Down

Quote tripwalking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2009 at 21:39
my combo had four sold in the US, and mine is one of twelve in Canada... 02 pacific blue tip wagon w/beige leather.

jmc_w8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jmc_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 07:16
Pacific Blue was a cool color and one of a couple W8-unique colors. I had a Pacific Blue on gray sedan among the three that were candidates to purchase. But I could not make a deal that suited me with the dealer on the Pacific Blue car.
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 14:09
I can't believe there's only 82 - 2002 W8's that are black w/ gray leather in the U.S....I thought that would be more common than that.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 15:01
I checked mine: 48 total sold in US (2003 Variant, Tip, Black on Black).
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 16:00
How can you lookup what color car you have? I'm guessing I have Silverstone grey, with Grey leather. The Stonehenge grey is darker right? Only two made like that in 2004. And only two blk/blk 6 speed wagons too....

Oh yeah what is ANTHRACITE mean for interior?
Looking to buy a W8 Wagon 6-Speed to haul grocceries...And I finally found one on 2-16-2008
jmc_w8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jmc_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 17:35
Silverstone Gray was like a dark silver. I wouldn't call Stonehenge Gray darker but just different; that was the one that kind of had a greenish tint to it.

Anthracite is the very dark gray interior. The dark leatherette available in later B5.5 Passats was anthracite. It almost looks black until you compare it side by side with black.
jmc_w8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jmc_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 17:52
By the way, the two W8-exclusive colors were Blue Spirit and Pacific Blue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>