Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > The W8 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

The Custom Exhaust Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jukes Dub8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Custom Exhaust Thread
    Posted: 02-Jun-2009 at 01:54
SirRange,
    That sounds amazing. If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set up cost ya?
03 G-Wagon Blue/Grey Tip/Sport
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2009 at 02:32
Originally posted by Jukes Dub8

SirRange,
    That sounds amazing. If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set up cost ya?

I bought the mufflers on eBay for $70 shipped, the tips for $84 shipped from a place out of St. Louis (thank you Google!) and the installation was $200.

I had to do some digging with the silverline products since ANSA does not sell direct, hence the Google search. But it was SO worth the extra footwork!

I do have to thank a (former?) member of the W8 Forum for helping me out and for giving me inspiration for my setup (I had to do some footwork to contact him as well -- tracked him down through YouTube, since he posted his exhaust clips there...) His thread can be found here.

Silverline muffler part #UN7815
Silverline tips part #TK7809
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
KarlMarx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote KarlMarx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2009 at 18:27
Originally posted by SirRangeALot

Originally posted by Jukes Dub8

SirRange,

I bought the mufflers on eBay for $70 shipped, the tips for $84 shipped from a place out of St. Louis (thank you Google!) and the installation was $200.

I had to do some digging with the silverline products since ANSA does not sell direct, hence the Google search. But it was SO worth the extra footwork!

I do have to thank a (former?) member of the W8 Forum for helping me out and for giving me inspiration for my setup (I had to do some footwork to contact him as well -- tracked him down through YouTube, since he posted his exhaust clips there...) His thread can be found here.

Silverline muffler part #UN7815
Silverline tips part #TK7809

I'm still here!

It's been a while since I've been on the site, life's been pretty busy. I was checking the site today because my car's in the shop for the P0011 error!

I posted in that section, should be interesting to see what the final price for the fix is.

I'll have to take some updated pictures of the setup, as some of the pictures from my old post are no longer working.
Goofy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Goofy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2009 at 17:28
To all you guys that have fitted custom exhausts... Did you remove everything from the cats back? I know replacing/deleting the mid/rear mufflers is common practice but have you replaced everything from the cats to the mid muffler? I've seen a couple of diagrams showing the small "primary" silencer, did you give those the chop too? I'm looking to get my exhaust done next week so just wanted to get the stats.

TIA.
supokorean View Drop Down

Quote supokorean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2009 at 18:35
I currently chopped off the resonators so it is straight pipes from the Cat all the way to my Remus exhaust mufflers. sounds good and beefy but also calm. A tamed raging bull.
haktifosi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote haktifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2009 at 19:26
Originally posted by yesimalex

User: yesimalex
Material: Stainless
Diameter 2.5"
Crossover: Yes
Center Boxes: No
Rear Boxes: Magnaflow 2.5" single in/out
Tailpipes: Stock
Video: Launch
     Drive By
Notes: $440 before tax took about an hour to do. Stock air filter.

Maybe it's your video camera's microphone, but that sounds nasty; I wish mine sounded like that sometimes. I drive from TN to MA/NH/VT a lot, how quiet is it at about 80mph on the interstate? do you have a tip or 6-speed? what does this mod or any custom exhaust gain as far as performance?
Silverstone Grey 2002 W8 Tip
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2009 at 20:17
Nasty good or nasty bad?... anyrate. Interstate driving is pretty quite, if you jam like I do you don't notice it at all, it will roar when you open it up though. That was shot with a finepix s9100 still camera and the sound is pretty close to real life. if you listen to it on real speakers.

I have a tip and gains? just makes you feel more powerful I'd imagine. I mean it prolly opens up a few ponies I think some people on here have done dynos I haven't. Just in case you happen to get a custom setup Magnaflows have to break in, and it will seem like you screwed up at first have to give them about a month and they quiet down.
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
haktifosi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote haktifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2009 at 21:00
nasty-good for sure. it sounds great.
Silverstone Grey 2002 W8 Tip
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2009 at 22:51
Originally posted by Goofy

To all you guys that have fitted custom exhausts... Did you remove everything from the cats back?

Mine starts from where the stock mid-mufflers are (were).
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
lyrinx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lyrinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2009 at 23:43
Only thing keeping me from this mod is the warranty company which may refuse any claims (specially cam adjusters) because of changed exhaust. Or am I wrong ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>