Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Electronics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

OBD code P0597

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Everlauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OBD code P0597
    Posted: 10-Mar-2009 at 21:06
First of all thank you fitzski for your advice. I booked a appointment at the VW dealership (Edmonton) next week Friday. I really hope they can fix the issue. The warranty is a third party one and I am really crossing my fingers that they will actually pay for some of the repairs. In regards to jstutz, I am about 400 km away from Banff (not really far when you can travel in a W8!). Also, it is nice to see a W8 with over 200,000 km (ben). Hope mine will do that, as I love the car. Again, thanks to everybody.
2003 Passat W8 Wagon - You either love the W8 or you hate them. Nothing in between.
Everlauri View Drop Down

Quote Everlauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 00:48
Ok, I finally went to the dealer today and they gave me the great news. Thermostat is done. That is why I got the P0597 code. The repair is $1600 CAD. The dealer put the quote in to my 3rd party warranty company and now I am waiting for an answer if they pay for the repair or not. The other news was the engine oil smell in my car. Well, they did not find a leak and washed my engine down and put dye in the oil and told me to come back in 1 to 2 weeks. They also said and here is the good part, if the leak can not be located they want to pull my engine and see if the leak can be found. 30 hrs of labor, that $3600 bucks! I guess, if they can't find it in 2 weeks within 1 hour, I will leave it as is. I am currently not losing any oil. So, maybe I am lucky.
2003 Passat W8 Wagon - You either love the W8 or you hate them. Nothing in between.
Selim_Shady_Skerr View Drop Down

Quote Selim_Shady_Skerr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2015 at 01:30
I'm getting this code as well...i replaced the thermostat, replaced the two coolant temp sensors, and i performed electro shock therapy. the thermostat i had was from the dealer and the coolant temp sensors as well I'm still getting this code. any ideas
adamsonofpeter View Drop Down

Quote adamsonofpeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2016 at 17:48
My pops replaced the thermostat as well and the code remains. Not sure whether he used a dealer-provided part (sincerely doubt it) but if that's still not working my next stop is gonna be to check out the wiring and make sure that's all okay. I'm not a car wiring pro but "blah blah circuit Open" tells me that a wire is missing or a contact is bad somewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12