Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Only took 90 hours of work!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Only took 90 hours of work!!
    Posted: 18-Mar-2009 at 11:50
Even more incentive to pop the hood when explaining what a "W8" is. I so want to touch.... just touch...
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2009 at 13:59
Whoa! looks awesome. I'd been wanting to see how a polished manifold would look for a while. I thought it would look nice, but had no idea it would look this nice.

I noticed the VW emblem is now black and white.

dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2009 at 17:29
Originally posted by rustybronco

Whoa! looks awesome. I'd been wanting to see how a polished manifold would look for a while. I thought it would look nice, but had no idea it would look this nice.

I noticed the VW emblem is now black and white.

I bought a new cover as my original one had a squint VW badge which was blue and white and when it turned up it was black and white. Think it fits better with the look of the bay now
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2009 at 19:24
For sure... looks amazing. Your guys did a great job on the manifold - I look forward to more pics when it's installed, alongside your custom air intake as well.

Just a thought... with your polished one as a "spare", maybe you could take a core charge deposit + cash for anyone interested, send them the polished one, and refund the core charge once they send back their stock manifold, to be polished for the next guy...
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2009 at 19:37
Originally posted by yesimalex

I so want to touch.... just touch...

That's what she said.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2009 at 03:54
Originally posted by fitzski

For sure... looks amazing. Your guys did a great job on the manifold - I look forward to more pics when it's installed, alongside your custom air intake as well.

Just a thought... with your polished one as a "spare", maybe you could take a core charge deposit + cash for anyone interested, send them the polished one, and refund the core charge once they send back their stock manifold, to be polished for the next guy...

Sounds like an idea. The only problem I would see would be that most of you guys are in North America and the shipping costs might be high.

Would be worth checking out so I will weigh it and see what the costs would look like for the work.
JimmyPringles View Drop Down

Quote JimmyPringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2009 at 11:25
Originally posted by ___/ __/ _/

^^^German eBay, Jimmy! You can find a "spare" for around 195 EUR. I'm serious.

Originally posted by dmcdmc

The only problem I would see would be that most of you guys are in North America and the shipping costs might be high.

Which is exactly what stops me. Me thinks shipping would be almost as much as the manifold.   There was one on the US Ebay a while back, and everyday I contemplated getting it, but passed. Should have listened to the guy on my left shoulder.

I just want to smooth one out & color match. I think that would look real nice too.
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2009 at 11:32
Originally posted by JimmyPringles

I just want to smooth one out & color match. I think that would look real nice too.

Hmm... powder coated red with polished accents to match you wheels might be be cool.
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2009 at 12:22
Originally posted by SirRangeALot

Originally posted by yesimalex

I so want to touch.... just touch...

That's what she said.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Very appropriate.

I like the color matching idea as well. I remember in another post about polishing the manifold someone was concerned about the heat dissipation. Be interesting to get some temp readings off a stock manifold and this beautiful modified one. Im guessing negligent differences.
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2009 at 12:42
Hope it doesn't blunt the performance I enjoy it too much!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>