The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Off-Topic Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Appreciation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Appreciation
    Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 08:13
Having many times read the posts on two other VW club sites, I can genuinely appreciate this site. Instead of a gaggle of "boy racers" and ego jousters, we seem to have enthusiastic, but mature owners interested in adding to the knowledge and the appreciation base of the group as a whole.

I bought my 2003 W8 Variant new, and have enjoyed it for over 60K. My only issue has been a torque converter (under warranty). Unlike the plethora of street racing complainers citing brake pad/rotor replacements in the 20K range, and other premature wear issues, I've done almost all of my own work (with my Bentley manual) including sparkplugs at 40K, rear pads at 50K, and most of the items called for on the maintenance schedule.

I particularly enjoy the mature civility diplayed on this site, and am very appreciative of the originator. Marco
Marco M. Pardi 2003 W8 SilverStone Grey Variant w/Sports Package, straight-thru exhaust & various extras.
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 15:54
Originally posted by Marco

Having many times read the posts on two other VW club sites, I can genuinely appreciate this site. Instead of a gaggle of "boy racers" and ego jousters, we seem to have enthusiastic, but mature owners interested in adding to the knowledge and the appreciation base of the group as a whole.

YES!!!! =)

I'm loving this forum! It's about time we have a forum strictly dedicated to the W8 and it's owners!!
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
JimmyPringles View Drop Down

Quote JimmyPringles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2007 at 21:34
Same here.

I caught myself (saying to myself) the other day, I like this forum, but its real slow. I then realised that if I just sit here, and read/lurk instead of joining in & participating, then Im one of the reasons for it not being a bit faster than it could be.

Although, I do get tied up at times, and can only afford a quick peek before passing out at night.
Tonights not one of them, since I seem to be rattiling off at the mouth tonight.

Since the W8 is a small ownership circle to begin with, its nice to have a more focused tight knit place, rather than searching thru pages over at PW.
sledgeharvy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sledgeharvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 06:57
I normally like to add in my 2 cents atleast 1 once a day..
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2007 at 23:21
Originally posted by sledgeharvy

I normally like to add in my 2 cents atleast 1 once a day..

Do you want a refund? =) j/k! lol
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
R32Viper View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 21:40
Yes it just perfect dude. Thanks who ever came out with the awesome idea.
 Post Reply Post Reply