The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

So after some 100+ days they still

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Quantum Start Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So after some 100+ days they still
    Posted: 31-May-2009 at 09:20
couldn't get it right. The gear box does not line up with the gears. I drove all the way home in 4th, drive is somewhere between N & D. There is a rattling coming from under the motor cover. A small thing but after waiting 100+ days you would think they would have gotten everything "just exactly right" they had not fixed my remote key.

Here is a question:

The driver side fender gets incredible hot and I mean burn your hand hot. Does anyone have any thoughts on that? What's back there?

I can't begin to list all the seals, hoses, chains, belts....

Thanks
Gary
02 W8 Wagon Teal w/pearl grey
05.5 Jetta 2.5 Black w/tan
VWAffe View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote VWAffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2009 at 09:44
Where on the driver side fender gets hot? The window washer tank snakes up in there, but there is some other stuff to think about, too... wiring I believe.

I would not be impressed with that dealer/shop - buffoonery! There should be plenty of better resources out east.
'03 W8 Sedan 6MT     ..."it goes to 11!"
'02 V6 Wagon 4Mo 5MT (Swap In Work)     ...both black on black w/ limo tint
'14 JSW TDI 6MT
pssat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote pssat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2009 at 23:10
Sorry to hear about the probs. I know that Montesi in North Haven are good with W8's and my local super mechanics JP Motors in Woodbridge are good as well. Know it's a bit of a hike, but maybe next time. Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply