The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

WTF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Majorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTF
    Posted: 18-Jul-2009 at 22:16
Somehow it just happend, I was looking for a 6MT Wagon to buy, next year.... But I stubled a realy nice looking 5AT Sedan, It had some flaws, but I´ve got the price down realy low before I even went to see it.
Yesterday I jumped on a train and traveled 1000km to visit it.
I found a couple of things to fix, but nothing related to the engine or suspension, mostly electrical.
Got the price down even more.... so... Now I´m officialy a W8-owner, not just in my imagination.
Man did it drive like a dream, drove for 8 hours and didn´t even got tired.

More "amazing" is that I got the consumption down to 10.5 L/100km, or 24mpg if you prefer, and a don´t think I got under 140 km/h (88 mp/h). F*cking loves this car!!

Pics will probably come tomorrow, or next week when I´ve got it cleaned up and have replaced the oil, wich never seems to be a stupid thing to do with these machines.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Objects in mirror will disappear faster then you expect.
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2009 at 00:12
w00t!! At last, welcome to the W8 family!

Now you can update your sig...
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
Majorn View Drop Down

Quote Majorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2009 at 20:07
Done.
I´m wondering, ether I´ve got realy yellow Xenons with bad range, or someone has replaced them somehow with regular lights, the headlamps can be reached in VAG-COM.
Also, got a O2 Catalyst CEL error a couple of times, mostly after a visit in the higher revs, but the car goes just fine, probably just a bad sensor, so I´ll ignore it as long as the car works as it should.
After 1500km/950 miles, both fast highway use and showing it of to friends, wish results in a pretty high consumsion, but it still doesn´t wanna go higher then 10,5 l/100km /lower then 22mpg, I think it´s mindblowing, beeing a 4L engine.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2009 at 22:06
Yellow xenons? eh?

Now I know the bulbs colorshift as they age (white --> blue --> purple)...I don't think those are xenon bulbs. At least it doesn't sound like it.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2009 at 22:45
Hey, congrats! Sounds pretty nice; doesn't sound like too many kinks for a pre-owned vehicle.

(BTW, impatiently waiting for pics )
Majorn View Drop Down

Quote Majorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2009 at 08:49
Pics will probably be sometime this weekend, much rain comming down this week, and I have some things I wanna fix first, like a gasket at the front right wheel, the rim is full of oil right now.
Majorn View Drop Down

Quote Majorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2009 at 08:56
No they doesnt look like Xenon at all, ether way I have to disasseble it to change some lights, I guess I´ll se what it is then.
I will have to convert the high beam to xenon later this year, swedish winter and the crappy light I´ve got now doesn´t match.
Majorn View Drop Down

Quote Majorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2009 at 11:17
Have done some work on the car this afternoon, had to activate the cruise control in Vag-com, seemed like it never had worked:S

Have checked the lights I can see, looks like low beam is Xenon, and high is some crappy regular, realy strange, thought Bi-Xenon was standard equipment world wide.

BTW, might I be the youngest W8 owner here? Turned 20 2 months ago.
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2009 at 11:31
It is a Bi-Xenon, but there is an additional bulb (halogen?) that comes on when the brights are turned on.
The second pull on the US spec switch allows you to turn on just the high-beam Xenon w/o the halogen, though I really have no idea why.
Majorn View Drop Down

Quote Majorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2009 at 11:39
Aaahhh, I see, thank for the explanation.
In other words, I will have to convert the halogens to Xenon when the winter is coming, comparing with my fathers Passat, I feel blind driving my W8 at night.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>