Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedMFA display oddities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MFA display oddities
    Posted: 21-Jul-2009 at 22:57
Lately, I've noticed that the upper left hand corner of my MFA is dimmer than the rest when it is really hot outside. Has anyone else seen this?

Since we have the only Passats in the US with full FIS display most owners would not observe this problem. VW would want to replace the whole cluster which would be obscenely $$$$$$$.

Any suggestions?
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2009 at 00:33
I've noticed in hot AND cold weather it gets really dim at times. A few times the top part of the MFA completely shut off and came back on after sitting overnight. I've considered just leaving it shut off just for the sake of saving it from being burned out; I assumed it would be big bucks to get it replaced.
cantw8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cantw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2009 at 05:06
Mine dims in hot weather too. I think it's normal since I have friends with Audis that do the same thing.
2003 W8 Variant, 6MT, Blue Spirit Pearl / Gray

Majorn View Drop Down

Quote Majorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2009 at 09:45
Just got out of mine, hot as hell, the whole display is dimmed except the center.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Objects in mirror will disappear faster then you expect.
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2009 at 08:41
I have the same problem with the upper left corner of mine too....but I can't see it with my sunglasses on anyway. :)
Looking to buy a W8 Wagon 6-Speed to haul grocceries...And I finally found one on 2-16-2008
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2009 at 11:36
same here top left and bottom edge get dim on hot days, I'm saying this is normal, tried making a diy projector out of a 7 inch LCD screen which did the same thing when exposed to heat.
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
 Post Reply Post Reply