The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedMax Speed limit...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Max Speed limit...
    Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 13:22
mmm.... lapping the 'ring... sweeeeeeet...

172mph (277km/h) here: http://uk.e39.de/

Edited by fitzski - 15-Feb-2007 at 19:23
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
W8 VRM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote W8 VRM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 15:16
Hey Chris
What did your speedo say at 167mph?
Cheers
Chris
sledgeharvy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sledgeharvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2007 at 21:39
O.k. that's it. I want to ungovern mine now... like on the Bugattii Veyron Top Gear t.v. show.. where they bring it up to 407kmph. or 253 mph.. that had me on the edge of my seat when James was saying, "One More!!. Give me ONE MORE!!..".. Holy Sh*t!! that was such an awesome video... I love that show.. I'd like to see if they ever pushed our cars to their limit.. 0-100-0, or 0-60 or top speed.. what ever.. I like hearing their accents.. "Oh! It's Rubbish!". ha ha!! :) I remember watching an episode from season 9 episode 3 (Can be found on Google Video) when they were in America and had to find a car for under $1,000 U.S. dollars and then had to take a little road trip to New Orleans. it was probably the Best reality T.V. I have ever watched.. ha ha... while Jeremy was looking for a car I remember when he was looking at a Buick LeSabre and was saying.. "It was Rubbish when it was new, it was built by idiots, and it's Rubbish now!"... ha ah ha!!..

Edited by sledgeharvy - 12-Mar-2007 at 03:43
Jerome View Drop Down

Quote Jerome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2007 at 23:50
Top Gear is definitely in my top 5 for favorite tv shows. I think it was broadcast here in the US back when I was a kid, I can't remember for sure. I wish speed network or discovery would pick it up. I'm sure if it did get picked up though, as Austin Powers would put it, some "Uptight Square" would complain and/or sue though since it's a tad too politically incorrect for this awesome country. I mean just look at the comments left on youtube clips (Ford F-150 Lightning review) whenever the top gear guys say anything bad about American cars, which are usually 95% right. *Sigh* We just can't have nice things, can we?

okay, bedtime...I'm going to Mexico tomorrow morning

Oh yeah, my favorite clip is probably the Carver One clip.

Edited by Jerome - 12-Mar-2007 at 05:54
2003 Passat W8
Silverstone Grey

2006 Jetta TDI
Platinum Grey - 5 Speed
w8cmp View Drop Down

Quote w8cmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2007 at 03:30
Originally posted by W8 VRM

Hey Chris
What did your speedo say at 167mph?
Cheers
Chris

It was reading something around 175mph...difficult to tell exactly as I was watching the road carefully and my passenger was reading the speed from my centrally mounted GPS readout...

I know at the more sedate speed of 100mph on GPS, the speedo reads approx 108mph.
Current Car:
2010 VW Phaeton 3.0 V6 TDI
Beryllium Grey, Beige Leather Loads of extras

Former Car:
2002 W8 Tiptronic Saloon
Grey Anthracite, Black leather
Sold at 114,800 miles
Now resides in Uganda
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12