Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Mechanics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

ABS/ESP Light / ABS Module Bleed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote borakid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ABS/ESP Light / ABS Module Bleed
    Posted: 11-Aug-2009 at 06:58
Hi,

I changed my front pads and was looking for the function to bleed the ABS module in VAG-COM. When I was in there, I accidentally did something to lose the soft coding on the module. It threw all sorts of codes and I figured out how to recode it back to what it was (05397). It's recoded, but the ABS and ESP light is still on with no fault codes. Do I just need to drive it off or am I missing something? I'm surprised the lights are on with no fault codes anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

ps - on my Jetta there is a function to bleed the ABS module and I can't find it in any of the groups for the W8's ABS module. I'm concerned because when I changed the front pads, I had to remove the bleeder valve to access the bolt that holds the unit together. I lost a fair amount of brake fluid and think there is a little air in the module now.
2003 Passat W8
2002 Jetta
borakid View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote borakid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2009 at 20:29
The lights went out after a little driving. Does anyone know the login code for bleeding the ABS? I keep getting group not available, which I think means I need to login to do it. TIA
2003 Passat W8
2002 Jetta
 Post Reply Post Reply