Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Exterior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

OEM mirrors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OEM mirrors
    Posted: 08-Sep-2009 at 10:20
Originally posted by Majorn

Nope I don't have that, the smartass who bought a 50k$ car thought it was smart to save some money on not getting electric seats or folding mirrors, also it doesn't got a sunroof(It's sold in Italy so I find that bit strange)nor air vent in the glove compartment.

Wow...that's strange. I just assumed all W8's came like with moonroofs and power folding mirrors, whether it was the sport or non-sport. The only difference between the sport/non-sport is suspension and wheels IIRC.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
Majorn View Drop Down

Quote Majorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2009 at 10:54
A moonroof, or even better, the sunroof would be so great, black interior gets damn hot in the summer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Objects in mirror will disappear faster then you expect.
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2009 at 23:25

A moonroof, or even better, the sunroof would be so great, black interior gets damn hot in the summer.

Moonroof > Sunroof
Majorn View Drop Down

Quote Majorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2009 at 02:28
Moonroof are the glas right? I sure would look nice but I want the one with solar panels.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2009 at 10:31

Moonroof are the glas right? I sure would look nice but I want the one with solar panels.

"sunroof" is the term originally used to describe a metal panel that would only allow light or air in when opened. A "moonroof," on the other hand, is a glass panel that can allow light in even when it is closed (provided, of course, you slide back that nifty fabric-covered panel to expose the glass).

http://ask.yahoo.com/20030617.html
Majorn View Drop Down

Quote Majorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2009 at 10:45
Yada yada:P I want solar panels, One could get injured by the seats when the car has been parked on the sun to long, hot as hell.
___/ __/ _/ View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote ___/ __/ _/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2009 at 01:31
What are the "solar panels" you speak of?
"I agree that the W8 is a great car--when it works... "
-dstathos-

^Pure Genius! Why didn't I write that?!?

Majorn View Drop Down

Quote Majorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2009 at 02:34
W00t, I thought all you guys had this, it what this guy retrofits in his TDI http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=218060

Basically, its solar panels on the sunroof, which powers the AC-fan if the temperature in the car gets to hot, pushing air from the outside to cool it down some.

I´m planing on building this into mine last year, but with a small MC battery and a thermostat.

Edited by SirRangeALot - 10-Sep-2009 at 02:37
RobG View Drop Down

Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2009 at 06:57
Nope, I think they were factory options. Mine doesn't have the sunroof/solar panels, nor does it have the folding mirrors. I think they became standard later on

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2009 at 10:21
Originally posted by RobG

Nope, I think they were factory options. Mine doesn't have the sunroof/solar panels, nor does it have the folding mirrors. I think they became standard later on

Hmm...I'm starting to see a pattern here. Maybe they offered some options to NA and not to Europe and vice versa? (The color options come to mind as well)...you'd think VW would keep it simple and build one car and offer the same options for everyone. But nooooooooooooo....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>