Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedWet passenger floor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote 02passatw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wet passenger floor
    Posted: 23-Jan-2011 at 15:11
Im starting to get the same problem on the passenger side floor under the seat only. According to VW all my recalls have been done. Should I check the rain tray and seal by the filter if its just under the seat, not in front of it? Is it more likely its the door panel?
JDR33 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JDR33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2011 at 15:55
So am I!!!
I put it down to the dodgy cheap sunvisor that we had on the door....

I now see that more serious investigation is necessary
I also assume that this will relate to the issues that I may be having with the CCM
Hers: 2003 W8 4Motion 202kw at the fly
His: 1996 R33 GTS-T Skyline 250kw ATW

Life's more fun at 18psi
02passatw8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote 02passatw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2011 at 16:31
So you took the door panel off?
JDR33 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JDR33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2011 at 15:14
Nah not yet..... Going to clean out the pollen filter and the wee holes that drain the water. Last resort is pulling off the doorskins. Cant imagine that they would be all that easy to access
Hers: 2003 W8 4Motion 202kw at the fly
His: 1996 R33 GTS-T Skyline 250kw ATW

Life's more fun at 18psi
R32Viper View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2011 at 20:24
Well had the same problem on the passenger side rear door. It happens that when u remove the door plastic panel u will see 2 small black plastic hoses and it seems like those were cover by a thing layer of plastic caps preventing the water to get in, sometimes those detiriorate with the sun. If you don't see those plastic hoses, those 2 wholes u wonder what they are for close them out with silicone. It will prevent the water to get inside the cabin.

I got some clear silicone and close them out. The water leak stop.
Sorry for the grammar I'm on mobile.

Edited by R32Viper - 09-Feb-2011 at 23:04
02passatw8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote 02passatw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2011 at 01:30
Ha I was going to say holy crap man.. Thanks I will check that out when it warms up.
AlBrown View Drop Down

Quote AlBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2011 at 05:29
So tonight I went to get in my Passat w8 to drive to work, and after turning the engine on I get an error code that states "airbag short" and all sorts of warning lights pop up. Well being a fool and all, I still put it in gear and proceed to pull out of the driveway and notice the floor is saturated in water and hear it sloshing around. So I turn around and park it. Well after doing some research I see that this a common problem with Passats leaking in from the firewall, the sun roof and the headliners...

It had rained for 2 days straight here in Orlando and I hadn't touched my car which was sitting outside the entire time. Well needless to say, the damage was done and I have yet to see the interior in the daylight, but my leather passanger seat appears to be ruined. I also assume that the TCM and CCM which are located under the carpet are also ruined, or at least damaged.

Anyways, I really don't know what to do from here. I will try to dry it out the best I can tomorrow, but I imagine there is damage to circuts and whatnot.

I see that there is a recall here (1/3rd down the page) but I have yet to check if it applies to my VIN.

Any usefull advice or tips would be appreciated.

Malcolm Tucker View Drop Down

Quote Malcolm Tucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2011 at 10:12
Firstly, you haven't necessarily toasted all the control modules. Check all the drains for the sunroof and plenums and make sure they're clear. Next get a shop vacuum to suck as much water out of the carpets as you can. Finally, see if you can get a dehumidifier (or similar) into the car to dry things out. Don't turn the ignition on until you've dried things out properly.
"I've got more on my plate than a spinster at a wedding"
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2011 at 15:39
The main plenum drain is underneath the battery and gets blocked with leaves etc. You will also want to check the area around the pollen filter as this also leaks as it bungs up with leaves. As said check the sunroof drains although you would have noticed water coming out the switch area when you go round corners if they were blocked.

Most parts will dry out okay ad should be fine. If not let me know as I've got 3 car's worth of spares.
veedub02 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote veedub02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2011 at 22:11
My car leaks through the door panels - there's apparently a seal that dries out or something. I pulled the panel off and caulked one of them with good success. Some day I'll to the others...
-- 2002 W8
-- 1987 BMW 325i Convertible
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>