Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

What should I do with my Madras?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Uberhare View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Uberhare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What should I do with my Madras?
    Posted: 01-Mar-2018 at 00:53
Originally posted by fitzski

Up for pics (finally...)

I like that look. Thinking to refinish my wheels for summer.
04 Passat W8 Wagon,10 A3 TDI, 05 Passat TDI Wagon (6spd M/T), 93 Corrado VR6
89 VW LT31 Florida, 89 Vanagon Whitestar, 67 Beetle Limo, 64 PA28-140
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 03:04
Thanks. I had a tough choice, who knew there were 500 shades of grey/black.
Looking to buy a W8 Wagon 6-Speed to haul grocceries...And I finally found one on 2-16-2008
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 02:52
Those will look dope once they're on! Nice choice in color!
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2012 at 23:53
Rims are done!

Bone Stock:

New rims and tint too!

Edited by MRAJB - 18-Feb-2012 at 23:58
Looking to buy a W8 Wagon 6-Speed to haul grocceries...And I finally found one on 2-16-2008
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2012 at 02:02
Just dropped my rims off on Saturday. Awaiting the calls to see how bent or damaged they are before getting re-finished.
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2010 at 18:44
How much did it cost?   I might half to get that done to my rims..they got curb damage from the previous owner big time. Been looking for an excuse to get them fixed.. :) I wonder what they would look like on my grey car....
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2010 at 14:25

Note in the 3rd pic as well... the plastic flap over the lift point tore off a while ago... anybody know if that's a stand-alone part, and have a part number for it?

Found it - not sure why they are different left to right?
LF: http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Passat_B5-4_Motion-W8/Search/Flap/ES248501/
p/n: 3B0 853 917 B41

RF: http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Passat_B5-4_Motion-W8/Search/Flap/ES248519/
p/n: 3B0 853 918 B41

Edited by fitzski - 16-Feb-2010 at 14:26
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2010 at 10:25

The centre spiders are gunmetal all over, and the barrels (and lips) are bright silver.

They almost like they've been polished! The lips anyway...it'd be kind of foolish to polish the barrels unless you plan on taking the wheels off the car to clean them every time you wash the car...

Sorry, just thinking out loud.
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2010 at 09:37
Thanks for the positive feedback! Subtle for sure, but a nice little highlight. I'm happy with them.

The centre spiders are gunmetal all over, and the barrels (and lips) are bright silver.

Lower valances aren't touched... I think you are just seeing a wet pattern from having just washed the car, and it makes it look like it might be a glossy reflection.

Pics aren't great... very overcast day, but it was the only chance I'd had to wash the car, and it didn't stay that way very long (living on a dirt, gravel road).

Note in the 3rd pic as well... the plastic flap over the lift point tore off a while ago... anybody know if that's a stand-alone part, and have a part number for it?

Edited by fitzski - 16-Feb-2010 at 09:38
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2010 at 22:35
Originally posted by MRAJB

And are you lower valances smoothed and painted black?

I just noticed that as well...nice touch. To me it looks more like a gunmetal color than black, but that might just be a reflection/glare from the snow on the ground. Looks great either way!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>