Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Rear rotors and pads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pantera1683 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear rotors and pads
    Posted: 24-Oct-2009 at 12:42
Let me know if you would like to sell me yours.

Kris
02passatw8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote 02passatw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2009 at 20:11
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2009 at 01:04
Originally posted by 02passatw8

33 bucks for pads, 45 for rotors and free shipping.

Seems to good to be true...
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote 02passatw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2009 at 12:55
Originally posted by SirRangeALot

Originally posted by 02passatw8

33 bucks for pads, 45 for rotors and free shipping.

Seems to good to be true...

Very true I did order Pagid and Oem stuff through them. Did not have any problems.

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2009 at 13:21
Good to know. I'd like to go with slotted/drilled rotors next. And I need them soon, my front rotors are warped.
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote 02passatw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2009 at 17:52
Let me know how you like the drilled and slotted I was thinking about them.
pantera1683 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote pantera1683 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2009 at 18:47
Great find, thanks!
squish View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2009 at 20:58
Originally posted by SirRangeALot

my front rotors are warped.

are you sure of this? was the runout checked by a tech?

i ask this because when i bought my wife's (used) car, the brakes were surging badly at all speeds. these brakes are high performance brembo units and rotors were vented all around like out W8s'. i called ipd (volvo performance/parts) to look into buying some rotors and the sales guy instead convinced me to try a procedure that he was sure would work. it was to get the car up to 70+ mph and apply the brakes as hard as i could X 4. he said two things 1. sometimes rotors develop a varnish of pad material that can be removed this way and 2. modern rotors, especially vented rotors almost never warp. so i took jenny's 300 bhp wagon on the interstate that afternoon and after a few neck-braking sessions it really worked!
so before putting hard-earned money (that you should be saving for your homeymoon) towards rotors, go have some high speed fun! let us know how it goes
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2009 at 21:50
Originally posted by squish

are you sure of this? was the runout checked by a tech?

i ask this because when i bought my wife's (used) car, the brakes were surging badly at all speeds. these brakes are high performance brembo units and rotors were vented all around like out W8s'. i called ipd (volvo performance/parts) to look into buying some rotors and the sales guy instead convinced me to try a procedure that he was sure would work. it was to get the car up to 70+ mph and apply the brakes as hard as i could X 4. he said two things 1. sometimes rotors develop a varnish of pad material that can be removed this way and 2. modern rotors, especially vented rotors almost never warp. so i took jenny's 300 bhp wagon on the interstate that afternoon and after a few neck-braking sessions it really worked!
so before putting hard-earned money (that you should be saving for your homeymoon) towards rotors, go have some high speed fun! let us know how it goes

Oh no, they've been gone for awhile. I've just been putting off the inevitable...I need to get it done before winter, that's for sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply