The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Coil Pack Recall - updated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coil Pack Recall - updated
    Posted: 30-Jan-2012 at 09:22
you know im going to have to call a difrent dealer ... when i asked my local dealer if there were any recalls that needed to be done they said nope its all good .... i doubt this car has had any of the recals done to it ....
poop
03W8 View Drop Down

Quote 03W8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2012 at 09:22
Forgive my ignorance... but prior to buying a vehicle how do you know if the recall has been done already or not? Would you just go here:
VW of America Recall Checker?

That would tell you if your vehicle was due the recall but would it tell you if it has been done or not already? Is recall work the type of thing that would show up on a Carfax if it had been done since Carfax shows services/repairs that were done at the dealer?

This seems like a pretty big deal.

EDIT: I purchased a CarFax membership and ran the Carfax via the license plate. According to the Carfax it says "ignition coil(s) replaced" 3/2004. This recall didn't go out until 2009 right? Seems like the ignition coils on this vehicle must've fouled up before then. Think I should check to see if ALL the coils were replaced? ... As to be in line with the recall. When I punched in the VIN using the VW link above, it says no recalls for the vehicle. Shows pre-delivery to dealership of 12/23/2002. Seems like this would be right in the range for the recalls listed on the site here. Might that mean that the recalls weren't issued because the necessary repair(s)happened to have already been done? I saw a recall issued on another vehicle (completely different brand) I checked the Carfax for, so not sure why no recalls for this W8 are listed on the Carfax recall checker, nor shown as needed through VW recall checker, if they haven't been performed.

Edited by 03W8 - 16-Jun-2012 at 12:02
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2012 at 16:12
Originally posted by 03W8

Forgive my ignorance... but prior to buying a vehicle how do you know if the recall has been done already or not? Would you just go here:

That would tell you if your vehicle was due the recall but would it tell you if it has been done or not already? Is recall work the type of thing that would show up on a Carfax if it had been done since Carfax shows services/repairs that were done at the dealer?

EDIT: I purchased a CarFax membership and ran the Carfax via the license plate. According to the Carfax it says "ignition coil(s) replaced" 3/2004. This recall didn't go out until 2009 right? Seems like the ignition coils on this vehicle must've fouled up before then. Think I should check to see if ALL the coils were replaced? ... As to be in line with the recall. When I punched in the VIN using the VW link above, it says no recalls for the vehicle. Shows pre-delivery to dealership of 12/23/2002. Seems like this would be right in the range for the recalls listed on the site here. Might that mean that the recalls weren't issued because the necessary repair(s)happened to have already been done? I saw a recall issued on another vehicle (completely different brand) I checked the Carfax for, so not sure why no recalls for this W8 are listed on the Carfax recall checker, nor shown as needed through VW recall checker, if they haven't been performed.

I'm pretty sure you have to go to a dealer to check for recalls done.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
W-What? View Drop Down

Quote W-What? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2012 at 02:56
Originally posted by SirRangeALot

Originally posted by 03W8

I'm pretty sure you have to go to a dealer to check for recalls done.

If you PM me your VIN I would be happy the check ELSA for you.
2003 Candy White Tip Variant.

The W8:An answer to a question no one asked.
SeaHunt View Drop Down

Quote SeaHunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2013 at 23:32
Hi
I took my w8 to the dealer yesterday and they replaced all coil packs
Got to be happy with that :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345