Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Electronics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Remote locking Flashers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Geofwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remote locking Flashers
    Posted: 29-Jan-2010 at 06:12
Help. I have a 2002 W8 that has been imported from Japan to NZ and recently the auto leveling lights died. I took it into my service shop and they eventually found it was the front height sensor. But in the process of fixing it they seemed to have killed operation of the flashers when I remotely lock or unlock it. In trying to fix this problem they have changed the rear control box and the "convenience control module" (I think its called) but to no avail. The local VW agents now seem to think it is programmatic but have no idea where to start as all of the NZ new W8's do not flash their flashers on locking. I have a VAGCOM and would really appreciate if there is someone out there that can help.   
W84ME
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2010 at 09:30
Yep, the blinkers can be enabled or disabled using VCDS (VAG-COM) when you lock or unlock the car.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/passatb5.html#35

Edited by fitzski - 29-Jan-2010 at 09:30
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
Geofwil View Drop Down

Quote Geofwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2010 at 18:16
Thanks Fitzski I will go for it and let our agents know for their future reference
W84ME
Geofwil View Drop Down

Quote Geofwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2010 at 01:57
Fitzski, I have come up against a bit of a stumbling block. We have checked the codes on channels 3-8 and they are set to flash. So we set them to unflash, saved settings, then reset them to flash again but still the flashers do not flash. Do you know if there is another relay other than the main flasher relay that activates the flashers on signal from cpu?
W84ME
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2010 at 10:41
I would suspect a fuse... but which one, I'm not sure. Is the alarm LED in the door active when the car is locked?

You should certainly check the main fuse panel for any fuses related to alarm system, comfort system, or lighting... but I suspect if it is a fuse, it would be one of the maxi fuses on the relay panel(s) beneath the dash, which are related to the anti-theft system. It's fairly easy to remove the lower dash trim to access those fuses and relays.

Browsing around PassatWorld might find more answers.

2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2010 at 10:45
Another question... do you have it set for the alarm horn to beep when you lock the car? If yes, does it beep when you lock the car?
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
 Post Reply Post Reply