The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedTrack day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gods_dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Track day
    Posted: 08-May-2010 at 14:03
I've booked a track day in the W8 (At Knockhill) to give one of my friends some track tuition before we head to the Nurburgring in June. I don't think the W8 will do very well on the track on account of it being heavy and also mines an auto ;(

Has anyone on here done any track days in their W8?
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2010 at 21:10
I don't think the w8 would do bad at all on track day.
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
RobBentley View Drop Down

Quote RobBentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2010 at 13:56
I took my W8 round brands-hatch (and its an Auto) and it didn't do at all bad. My friend in his RX8 couldn't shake me from his rear bumper and every-time we got to the pit-straight I had massively more speed.

Quote RobBentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2010 at 13:57
Me at brands :)

Malcolm Tucker View Drop Down

Quote Malcolm Tucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2010 at 14:25
Why does the person in your passenger seat appear to be praying? :D
"I've got more on my plate than a spinster at a wedding"

Quote RobBentley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2010 at 15:46
I asked that of my mate afterwards. He was the driver of the RX-8, who then came for a passenger ride in mine. I imagine the rather sideways exit to the first corner got him praying as in his RWD RX8 we'd have defiantly been facing the other way.

RobG View Drop Down

Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2010 at 07:20
I'd be too feart of breaking something i think. Still, when are you booked in, might be one to come and watch :)
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2010 at 09:38
Breaking something on the w8 while running it on a track, would be like breaking a finger during a threeway. Sure, it sucks and hurts but it was freaking worth it.
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
squish View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2010 at 13:04
Originally posted by yesimalex

Breaking something on the w8 while running it on a track, would be like breaking a finger during a threeway. Sure, it sucks and hurts but it was freaking worth it.

THAT'S how to make an analogy. Everyone learn from this.   
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT
gods_dad View Drop Down

Quote gods_dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2010 at 13:48
Originally posted by RobBentley

I took my W8 round brands-hatch (and its an Auto) and it didn't do at all bad. My friend in his RX8 couldn't shake me from his rear bumper and every-time we got to the pit-straight I had massively more speed.

Oddly enough my brother (Who now lives in Seattle) has an RX8 and when I drove it on some excellent twisty roads in mountains there; I felt it was a tad sluggish compared to the W8!

I'm all booked in for Knockhill on the evening of the 1st June. The only problem now is that I have to convince them that my W8 is worth £15,000!

I've done hot hatch type days at Knockhill before and there are too many over enthusiastic drivers who don't seem to think contact on a track day is a big issue. I therefore only do the "Hot Marques" nights where you are only meant to take on cars worth over £15k. Granted, my W8 is not worth that, but I am very careful about driving considerately and avoiding any cars, regardless of their value! It just seems to be a better level of driving.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>