Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Hello from Australia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JDR33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Australia
    Posted: 17-May-2010 at 13:50
I did post this up in the 'welcome section' as well and since there is no Australia section, I guess that I kinda fir into Asia (or Asia Pacific *cough cough*)

Hi all
Name:Joe
Job: Hotels (still)

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I was lucky enough to be offered my parents W8 to buy when they upgraded to the new CC Passat (what a car), so I jumped at the chance. It's a 2003 W8, silver (two tone black),auto, with just over 90K on the clock. Car was very well maintained and serviced always through the VW folk in Canberra. It is the wife's car as her little pulsar, whilst being a nice enough car, is just not the same as the W8 and with a 21 month old boy and another on the way, it was time for an upgrade.
Got a great deal (thanks dad ) and what a car it is...... Dad bought it new and had just about every option fitted to it. Has had a new motor as the mechanics dropped a bolt inside the motor during a service and the motor lunched itself. Only other issue was the boot not locking and a new assembly was sent out from Germany.....
So I am a very happy bloke as I get a really nice piece of German engineering to drive on my weekends and I drive a 96 Skyline with 250kw atw as my everyday driver.....
Great forum guys and girls, I have learnt so much about the W8 already,and I cannot wait to learn more......
I am also the president of the Skyline club (SAUQLD) up in Cairns and love pretty much everything car related.
I do all the work on the skyline and I reckon that I will have a go at the W8 when things pop up. the info that I have already gleened from you lot is priceless...
Thanks
Joe
Hers: 2003 W8 4Motion 202kw at the fly
His: 1996 R33 GTS-T Skyline 250kw ATW

Life's more fun at 18psi
RobG View Drop Down

Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2010 at 14:55
Hi and Welcome :)

Sounds like you got a good deal, always nice when you know a car's history :)
JDR33 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JDR33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2010 at 15:17
Very true.
Full service details as well which is always nice.
However it appears that you guys and girls get a far more comprehensive report after your services. Not here.... Just get a few boxes ticked and a VW service stamp... No notes or added remarks at all
The old man always looks after his cars.....

Life's more fun at 18psi
squish View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2010 at 22:39
Welcome aboard! I think you may be our third South Hemisphere W8. One from NZ and another somewhere in Africa.
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT
JDR33 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JDR33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2010 at 12:26
Thanks Squish :)

You should see some of the looks that I get up here in Cairns... (for those of you that don't know where Cairns is, think 2000km's North of Brisbane or 3500km's North of Sydney) The euro drivers up here nearly break there necks trying to figure out what it is lol. Audi drivers are the worst

Life's more fun at 18psi
gelroos View Drop Down

Quote gelroos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2010 at 01:25
There is a good chance I may be importing my 2002 from the US into Sydney sometime in the next 6 months, so it will be a left hand drive W8 in Australia. I can imagine the looks will be similiar as people try to place what it is :)
SeaHunt View Drop Down

Quote SeaHunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2013 at 11:16
hi

When I first started looking around for a w8, I think i test drive this silver w8 in Brisbane. It had service records showing services from Canberra to Cairns
I didn't buy it as it was a little rough, scratches and dents and the coolant was green and big lips on the disc, but still drive well. That's when i started to fall in love :)
 Post Reply Post Reply