The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

How many actually own a W8?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Poll Question: Do you currently own a Passat W8?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
187 [94,44%]
7 [3,54%]
4 [2,02%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pdejong0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many actually own a W8?
    Posted: 17-Aug-2011 at 23:31
http://jhmotorsports.com/shop/catalog/jhm-solid-short-throw-shifter-2002-2005-c5-clamp-on-knob-p-205.html?osCsid=7b36dd7ffbb19b3dd4ac56a1307cb2cc

I went with the 1" shorter shifter height, and it operates / feels GREAT. Call them to make sure you're getting the right one for your car. They've got good installation videos, and thanks to this I was able to do the installation myself without any problem.

My W8 is silver with a gray interior, with the BBS wheels (and Goodyear F1 Asymmetrical tires... an excellent tire).

Edited by SirRangeALot - 18-Aug-2011 at 03:27
radiosplace View Drop Down

Quote radiosplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2011 at 04:57
Originally posted by pdejong0

Already added a K&N intake... but now need a heat shield and am having a hard time finding one.

check out this thread at PassatWorld: click here
he just started a 2nd round of a group buy.
pdejong0 View Drop Down

Quote pdejong0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2011 at 14:45
Thank you very much... wow... this must have just happened, as I have been trying to contact FS by both PM and email with no response. Thanks again... I'm IN on the new GB!
hambone6077 View Drop Down

Quote hambone6077 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2011 at 17:49
Just wondering if there's an advantage to the K&N big filter swap over the K&N drop in. The drop in at least pulls cooler air from outside of the engine compartment. Seems like the cone filter would pull much warmer air even with a shield. Any opinions on this?
diggernz View Drop Down

Quote diggernz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2011 at 00:02
I was recently told by a mechanic that changing the Air Filter on a W8 is not recommended. I am not technically strong on car mechanics, but this was stated as the engine is designed for the stock intake and increasing air flow can damage the car. Is this a correct statement?
mperew8 View Drop Down

Quote mperew8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2011 at 04:29
I doubt it would hurt the motor, the ecu can adjust the fuel air mix ratio, depending on how much air is coming though the MAF, I'm sure the tolerances are very high considering the temps and altitudes the car can operate at and how much the the air density will change in those conditions.
On the note of whether or not its worth getting an intake? I don't think it would. The W8 takes air from outside the car and the intake takes it from the engine compartment where the air in general is hot to begin with heat shield or not.

-2004 W8 6spd Silverstone Grey.
keybrite View Drop Down

Quote keybrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2011 at 07:19
Just purchased my W8 estate, 90rounds on her clean carfax and new torque converter. Runs like a champ, will be taking my first road trip in the next few days, read some hideous write ups but after talking with mechanics and those who actually own one, it was a green light for me.
reffry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote reffry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2011 at 07:44
When I bought mine was scared to death after reading the post on here, so I stopped reading them sort of lol. I have put 100,000 miles on it (almost) and still doing well.I just recently have a concern.
Jesse-B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jesse-B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2011 at 22:36
New owner here of a 2004 W8 Wagon.

87,000 miles. Let's hope she is good to me.
zagato View Drop Down

Quote zagato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2011 at 16:34
Just found this forum, I have a W8 Estate in the UK
A big Alfa fan who got seduced by the W8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>