The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Off-Topic Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Audi Quattro V8?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Audi Quattro V8?
    Posted: 19-Feb-2011 at 01:00
Anyone owned one of these beasts or know anything about them? After doing some research on Audizine and Google I couldn't help but think of these as old school W8's; keep up with maintenance and it will go the distance, expensive/rare parts, but a blast to drive.

I might be going to look at this one on Sunday. It looks/sounds immaculate and well taken care of. Just looking to see if anyone here can give me suggestions or advice whether it's a good solid car or run far away. (At least the V8's were produced longer than the W8's were...that's something, right? lol)

Jeremy

1993 Audi Quattro V8
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2011 at 02:19
Nice. I think they had the TorSen rear differntial. Was always on the wish list for the W8.
2003 W8 Tip Limousine - locked in sports mode
GIAC pump/stock/ race files
Blue Spirit/ Black
mperew8 View Drop Down

Quote mperew8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2011 at 15:37
That's nice and for the price a fun car like that, too bad its not a stick though. In the bext year or do I'm looking for a project / fun car and this may go on the list of possible cars, even if its among the most modern
cantw8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cantw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2011 at 20:24
Well why didn't you say you wanted a 5spd. Ask and you will receive:

Audi V8 5spd
2003 W8 Variant, 6MT, Blue Spirit Pearl / Gray

cantw8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cantw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2011 at 20:30
Here's a listing for extra parts for an Audi V8 5spd:

Audi V8 5spd parts

cantw8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cantw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2011 at 20:35
Another Audi V8 5spd.

Audi V8 5spd

SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2011 at 20:54
Not really looking to travel that far for a $3k car, haha. Good looking out though.

Not gonna lie...I'm looking into another XJ. (Jeep Cherokee). I miss mine horribly.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
mperew8 View Drop Down

Quote mperew8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2011 at 04:11
Originally posted by SirRangeALot

Not really looking to travel that far for a $3k car, haha. Good looking out though.

Not gonna lie...I'm looking into another XJ. (Jeep Cherokee). I miss mine horribly.

I had a YJ in my teens which may has been one of the most fun things to drive in the summer or in snow storms. However looking back it was uncomfortable, drafty and unsafe over 70 MHP. I'd love to any another as a toy though.
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2011 at 05:33
I have a 93 ZJ V8 Limited with 302k on it. Original Engine/Trans. I got it to tow a few small things and to play with.
Looking to buy a W8 Wagon 6-Speed to haul grocceries...And I finally found one on 2-16-2008
 Post Reply Post Reply