The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Best of the Rest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

moved.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote thedrumphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: moved.
    Posted: 24-Mar-2011 at 06:11
thanks ikon. im all about the OEM upgrade. too bad most of our car stuff is top of the line top of the line or there just isnt anything to upgrade.
02 W8 Sedan Tip Reflex Silver
wozzie1 View Drop Down

Quote wozzie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2011 at 21:43
anyone know of a super cheap coilover set must get my w8 lowered! how low do you think i can go with 19's on
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2011 at 04:46
It's a W8, not a mk3 Jetta. Good luck finding coilovers for less than $1k. I dropped $750 on an H&R/Koni setup; 1.75" drop in front and 1.5" drop in back, give or take. You're going to have to drop some decent coin on a nice set of coils, not $300 Rokkors.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2011 at 13:12
@ wozzie You can run v low

Edited by dmcdmc - 26-Apr-2011 at 13:12
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2011 at 16:31
Lowering these Variants seems like a very popular idea, but I used to have a '93 Audi UrS4 that was lowered and it actually was a pain in the a$$ to live with. The resulting ground clearance was appalling and made for a lot of problems clearing entrances to driveways and the like. My car needs to be able to handle Michigan winters and ground clearance is part of that.

I plan to do some mods on my new ride, but I'll be staying away from the lowering kits.
02passatw8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote 02passatw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2011 at 03:23
I have mine lowered with 19's and used FK high sports got mine on clearance for like 650 I think. Check out ECS tuning. I love mine and I have about two fingers between tire and fender perfect all around set up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12