Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

17748 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 17748 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40)
    Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 00:45
17748 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40)/ Engine Speed Sensor (G28): Incor. Correlation

Right so went round to get the car prepped for a show at the weekend and started it....very tappety sort of noise, but thought it may just be the oil taking time to get to the tope end, but then it started running rough. Scanned it and got the above code.

So swapped all of the cam position sensors....and it's even worse now.....any ideas.....really hope it hasn't jumped a tooth on the timing chains

Anyone know where the (G28) engine speed sensor is??

Edited by dmcdmc - 14-Jun-2011 at 00:47
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 00:58
The G28 engine speed sensor is in the driver side tire well near the top of the shock.

Thats from memory, and it's not very accurate. But supposedly thats the general location. If I run across the description I'll post it up.
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2011 at 00:33
Well the diagnosis is that for some reason the timing is out so rebuild number 5 here we come. Pretty sure I'll be able to build one goos engine out of the 3 broken ones I've got
bigmennie View Drop Down

Quote bigmennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2011 at 01:26
ya don't seem to be haveing much look with your engines.

Jason
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2011 at 02:01
yep comes with second hand engines unfortunately....but will get fixed at some point
bigmennie View Drop Down

Quote bigmennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2011 at 02:47
ya must be getting fed up of fixing it now lol if mine goes thats it, its off and on to the next car lol

Jason
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2011 at 09:15
Difference is I've invested so much time, love and money in mine that it makes it harder to just give it up. A rebuild doesn't cost much other than my time
bigmennie View Drop Down

Quote bigmennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2011 at 11:21
yeah i was thinking that and i would do the same hope it gets back on the road soon.

Jason
RobG View Drop Down

Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2011 at 08:33
Did you ever get to the bottom of what killed the original one?
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2011 at 20:45
Original one seized on the bottom end. All og the others we think are top end caused by cam adjusters. I'm going to take 2 of them to bits and get to the bottom of the issues. Should hopefully have 2 working engines by the end of it
 Post Reply Post Reply