Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Rear Saloon seats

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Saloon seats
    Posted: 20-Jun-2011 at 20:17
Hello, doofus question time.

How do i take out the rear bench on a saloon? I've tried lifting the front part, which makes a rather strange wrenching noise and comes loose, but the back part seems firmly mounted in place.

Cheers :)
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2011 at 23:29
You need to take the headrests out and then get a screwdriver down behind the posts that the headrests go into. They have a catch at the back that realeases them as they are what holds the seat back to the bulkhead.

Proper nightmare to get out....have fun
RobG View Drop Down

Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2011 at 23:39
Cheers

Never easy, is it?

Figured after two and a bit years of ownership i should maybe get around to upgrading the audio a bit...

Oh, and clean the minging seats.
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2011 at 23:44
Can u not get away with not taking it out?? cos it is a bitch..........u can probs run cables through gaps either side where the loom passes through into the boot??
RobG View Drop Down

Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2011 at 11:15
I'm realising I wasn't very clear. I am after removing the sitting on part of the seat, I can get the front part of it to lift up, but it's still attached at the rear.
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2011 at 11:31
I think you just have to lift the front till it un-clips then it all comes out
RobG View Drop Down

Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2011 at 14:44
Ahh, ok, i'll try again once this rain buggers off. Got the front seats in the house currently so i can give them a clean, they're _really_ grotty.

Beginning to get the impression a beige interior was probably not a good idea ;)
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2011 at 15:03
It'll be clothes dye. My wife has a 118d M sport with Lemon leather and she has to wear black to work....so after a year they are knackered

Yours will clean up ok. Get some good cleaner and a toothbrush. I would also look at some leather dye and polish and you will get em back to new

Edited by dmcdmc - 21-Jun-2011 at 15:04
RobG View Drop Down

Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2011 at 15:34
Aye, usual get up for me is black trousers. Any cleaner you'd recommend? I've currently got some autoglym stuff, and it doesn't seem to be doing much. I've not tried a toothbrush on it yet though, only a soft cloth.
Malcolm Tucker View Drop Down

Quote Malcolm Tucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2011 at 19:29
I found Zaino leather cleaners plus a terry towel usually do a good job of getting rid of the really ingrained dirt.
"I've got more on my plate than a spinster at a wedding"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>