Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedHrmm.. 5 new codes once out of shop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hrmm.. 5 new codes once out of shop
    Posted: 31-Jul-2011 at 21:21
The P0102 is a maf code the other four are heated 02 sensor ground fault codes. Does anyone know where the fuse is for these? I'm still reading but haven't found much about it yet.

Will CRC maf cleaner destroy the MAF or is it worth trying to clean? Hrmmm...

P0102

P0057

P0037

P0031

P0051

After some searching I'm not finding anything specific to the W8 but other models are saying the o2 sensor is on the same fuse as the fuel pump, and that if the wiring harness gets wet it can cause the fuse to blow. Although my car is running fine.

I cleared the codes, and the motor was fluttering on the first start up, i.e. the revs wouldn't level out. I took it across the street to fill up and it purred smooth that time, ran her hard for about an hour and still seems to be running fine. Got 25mpg average at 60mph so if the maf is fouled it's working purty damn good.

On inspection of the intake I noticed one of my clamps on the air box is missing *yay* and the wiring harness for the maf was loose. I secured all of it the best I could.

Discussion on similiar issue

Checked fuse seems OK it is a 10amp fuse I'll look around see if I have another.

After clearing the codes and a trip down the road the mil light came back on. P0102 again. But, no O2 heater codes. I've purchased a can of CRC MAF Cleaner

Any thoughts are always appreciated.

PEACE
Alex

Edited by yesimalex - 01-Aug-2011 at 23:02
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2011 at 14:20
re: CRC MAF Cleaner... can't hurt. I did mine on the weekend. For the two screws that hold the MAF sensor in its housing, you'll either need the proper 5-lobe security bit (it's not Torx), or do what I did and use a dremel to cut a slot in the screw head so you can use a flathead screwdriver.

Give it a good soak all over, and let it dry thoroughly before re-assembly. Doesn't take long.
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2011 at 21:24
Yea I thought that was just a torx security bit, I have a set of drivers for those, but it's not a torx bit. Go Figure. Hoping to have enough time to do this today. Will report back.
Turbo DIY
knutlovhoiden View Drop Down

Quote knutlovhoiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2011 at 22:25
I had a P0102 MAF code in my old 2001 V6 4motion.
Dealer said to replace the MAF. I bought a brand new one and installed myself: no fix.
Previous owner had cut (?!) the wires for 2 of the O2 sensors causing codes.
Since I could never fix the MAF code it is my opinion that the O2 sensors were effecting the MAF.
Got rid of that car because fixing the sensors would cost more than i paid for the car.

Hope you get it fixed...
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2011 at 05:19
It's possible, haven't got a chance to clean the maf yet. As far as I can tell the O2 sensor code is gone.
Turbo DIY
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2011 at 03:56
Well the CEL light shut off the other day on it's own, I never did get a chance to use that CRC cleaner yet. I had the oil and air filter changed. Turned out the old air filter had been jammed into the airbox leaving the fins all F*d up.

This is like the 3rd time my car has seemingly "fixed" itself, clever girl.
Turbo DIY
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2011 at 01:24
Originally posted by yesimalex

This is like the 3rd time my car has seemingly "fixed" itself, clever girl.

Gotta love it! Good to hear.
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2011 at 18:17
Well, I noticed smell of gas after the fuelpump install and shrugged it off as... spilt or something.

It's still there and very strong on a refill. I've been told the mechanic is a good guy and will honor his work. I'm just wondering if anyone would have any thoughts on a place to look.

No gas is leaking, no wet lines, just fumes. Smell dissipates after about a half a tank.
Turbo DIY
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2011 at 01:33
Going to use this as a bump, and a woohoo post.

So left a library today, car was shaking, bad at idle. Pulled out and I thought it was going to stall. sh*t sh*t sh*t was all I could think, I had to travel 33 miles with no cell coverage and no money.

34 tedious minutes later I arrived at an Advanced, borrowed the scanner and boom there is the p0011 Bank A....

Started the car back up , and smooth idle.

Everything went better than expected.

But hey, I still haven't gotten back the mechanic about the gas fumes anyone have a word of wisdom about replacing fuel pumps and then clogging a vent or something?
Turbo DIY
 Post Reply Post Reply