The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Off-Topic Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Time to put another horse in the stable.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mperew8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time to put another horse in the stable.
    Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 17:15
So my w8 is just about completely rebuilt ( I still need a new piece of chrome trim for the back passenger door, I'm open to suggestions on where to get one,) and its time to get fiance a nice car after out wedding in August, I'm a bit torn on what to look for I'd like something with less thank 60K price under 15K (closer to 10 or 11 if possible.) Our big requirement is that it have all wheel drive an be either a wagon or small SUV, she wants 3rd row seating but it is not a must. So far my list is the a6 avant, volvo xc70, xc90, acura MDX, Subaru Legacy wagon. I was ooking at the dodge magnum however its too wide to make the turn into my garage easily ( it is actually a lot wider than out W8's after having a friend try to get his into my garage.) Right now I'm looking for suggestions,thoughts or personal experience with these cars, or suggestions for cars I haven't thought about. I really have no brand loyalty, and while I love m W8 my soon to be wife has seen my maintenance history an is opposed to another one.

-2004 W8 6spd Silverstone Grey.
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 21:49
I had a 2007 Subaru Legacy GT, which shares engine and platform with many other Subaru products including (I think) the Outback. It was a nice enough car, and handled respectably well in bad weather.

The bizarre thing about the 2.5l Boxster Turbo engine is a phenomenon called the "Subaru Stutter." Google the term, you'll find a lot of people talking about it. In the end, I had the ECU on mine re-flashed and that helped some, but did not eliminate the problem.

I guess at the end of the day, I'd say that I liked the car but certainly did not love it. I bought it because I thought it would be a more reliable version of my Audi UrS4, and for the most part it was. However I missed German cars enough to sell it and buy my W8.

HTH
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
XR4Tim View Drop Down

Quote XR4Tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 12:31
My pick for wagon/small SUV would be GMC Typhoon or '04-'07 Volvo V70R. Obviously my criteria may be different from hers, and if your W8's maintenance scares her, a Typhoon probably isn't a good choice either.
'03 W8
 Post Reply Post Reply