Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - East
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

New here from Ohio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MC40monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New here from Ohio
    Posted: 05-Feb-2012 at 04:26
Hi everyone. I have been checking out different forums since I bought my W8 and the people over at Passat World reccomended this one. I have been looking for a W8 for the past two years but I was pretty particular about what it needed to be and finally bought my W8 back in August of 2011.
It is a 2004 Wagon w/ Manual Transmission. It is Reflex Silver and has the Front and Side Votex body pieces and Rear Spoiler. It is rolling on the 18" BBS VZ wheels.
I have added a few small things since I picked it up, like the VW Monster mats, clear marker lights, and the battery cover it was missing.
So far it has been a great car and I have some more serious mods planned this Summer. There are a few questions that I hope I can have answered here and I hope to meet other W8 fans.       
2004 W8 Passat Variant Manual Trans.
2004 MINI Cooper S MC40
1990 VW Jetta GL
1960 VW Double Cab Pick-up
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2012 at 21:02
Pleased to have another W8 MT6 wagon (a.k.a. "Variant") in the Midwest. It sounds like a nice ride!

Ask your questions...the folks on this forum have been very helpful to me.
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2012 at 23:27
Pics?
Looking to buy a W8 Wagon 6-Speed to haul grocceries...And I finally found one on 2-16-2008
MC40monster View Drop Down

Quote MC40monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 15:46

These were taken by Killboy.com down at the Dragon this fall.
2004 MINI Cooper S MC40
1990 VW Jetta GL
XR4Tim View Drop Down

Quote XR4Tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2012 at 10:18
Believe it or not, I think the Votex rear valance may be the only piece still available from VW. It's not in production anymore, but I think there were one or two left in the country last time I checked.
'03 W8

Quote MC40monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2012 at 23:21
Originally posted by XR4Tim

Believe it or not, I think the Votex rear valance may be the only piece still available from VW. It's not in production anymore, but I think there were one or two left in the country last time I checked.

I had a chance of getting one, but the problem with the Votex rear is (as far as I know) that it doesn't have the cut outs for the sexy W8 Exhaust Tips. This Spring I have several plans. One of which includes filling and color matching the rear lower black trim. I think by just doing this it woulld really bring the car together and it would be affordable too.
2004 MINI Cooper S MC40
1990 VW Jetta GL
JaysHeadache View Drop Down

Quote JaysHeadache Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 11:44
MC,
Did you install the skirts and front bumper? curious as to what all is involved with this MOD? The front doesn't look like it matches the stock seams around the bumper... Does it just fit over the top? Also, would like to know how your paint job turns out on the back trim. I've always wanted to paint all of the lower black trim but not sure how it would adhere or last due to the textured plastic.. etc... BTW car looks great.
03 W8 6MT UrbanGrey 115000 miles
03 HD RoadKing
05 Merc Montego
08 Acura TL S-type
11 Tahoe
11 HD ultra limited

Quote MC40monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2012 at 07:08
A little late on my reply by several months, But the Votex was already installed when I purchased it. It does appear to just be an overlay. As far as color matching the rear I was able to successfully do it. I posted a thread about it here. ------> Color Matched Black Moldings.

Edited by MC40monster - 24-Nov-2012 at 07:09
2004 MINI Cooper S MC40
1990 VW Jetta GL
 Post Reply Post Reply