The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

ATTN: New W8Forum members, read this first!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATTN: New W8Forum members, read this first!
    Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 17:55
Just a couple of things that will help you and your ownership of the W8.

1) Check out the W8 Archive. The topics that are the most beneficial and that owners or potential owners would find important, those threads are located in this subsection which is located at the very top of the forum under "Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8." Topics such as warranties, suspension, exhaust, mods, what to look for before buying a W8, etc.

2) USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!! I try to keep this Forum as organized and efficient as possible. If nothing in the W8 Archive does not answer your question(s), then use the search function, which in my opinion, is one of the most thorough that I've ever used on any forum. Using the "Advanced Search" function is probably the most thorough.

-Simply click 'Search' at the top right part of the forum, below the box that opens you will see 'Advanced Search.'

-Click on that, and it will bring you to an expanded search screen.

On the left hand side of the screen:

-Enter the key word(s) of your topic of choice.

-If you think you know what subsection your topic might be in select it (i.e. 'Mechanics'). If not, just leave the selection on 'All Forums.'

Going over to the right hand side...

-Go to the 'Search In' selection and choose whether you want your topic to be searched either within a thread's 'message body' or 'topic subject'.

-Under the 'Find Posts' section, select how far back you want the search to go. I usually select 'Any Date' and 'Newer', this will search from the beginning of this Forum's use to current day. This Forum was started back in 2006, so there will be quite a bit that will be out there for the reading.

-Next pick how you want the search to sort the findings ('Sort Results By'). I usually leave it on 'Last Post Time.'

-Finally, select whether you want the findings to come up ('Display Results As') as individual posts or topics. I usually select topics, because it makes it easier to find what you're looking for. If you select topics there may be pages and pages of findings.

If the Advanced Search doesn't help, you can also search via Google. Simply type your topic, space bar, type 'site' into the Google search bar, separate with a colon, then type w8forum.dk. (Example: sway bar site:w8forum.dk).

=======================================================================

If you have any questions how to use the search function, go ahead and post in this thread and I'll (or any veteran member of this board) will be more than happy to help!

Thanks in advance for your attention in this matter, and welcome to the W8Forum!

Jeremy

Edited by SirRangeALot - 07-Feb-2012 at 17:56
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
isukennedy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote isukennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 18:42
There has to be a way to change the default setting on both the basic and advanced searches, right? Its quite annoying to have to advance-search everything each time, especially since you have to search "all dates" every time because a lot fo the good meat here was generated well over a year ago.
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 06:52
Originally posted by isukennedy

There has to be a way to change the default setting on both the basic and advanced searches, right? Its quite annoying to have to advance-search everything each time, especially since you have to search "all dates" every time because a lot fo the good meat here was generated well over a year ago.

Not to my knowledge. And it's quite annoying for me to do searches for others when it takes a minute to search for what you need. When you see 1 general topic with 10 threads started on the same topic, you see where I'm coming from. Not trying to come off like an @ss, but it seems like all I do lately is do simple searches for others. It gets frustrating.

It also takes 30 seconds to type it into a Google search bar. I'm not sure how much more simpler I can make it?
isukennedy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote isukennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 16:02
You're not coming off like an @ss at all. Most new topics have been beaten to death a hundred times in the past.

Great tip on the Google search. I've used it a bunch for other sites, but never thought to apply it here. Sometimes my own idiocy baffles me.
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 18:23
Originally posted by isukennedy

Great tip on the Google search. I've used it a bunch for other sites, but never thought to apply it here. Sometimes my own idiocy baffles me.

It's great! I even use it for my local club's forum. It's quicker to do it that way imo.

And as far as idiocy...we've all been there man.
firstcarwasworththew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote firstcarwasworththew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2013 at 23:02
how do i post pictures?
VICTIMS:
corvette√     turbo scion tc √
mustang gt√    new 5.0 mustang √
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2013 at 01:23
You need the image URL. Once you have that, click on "Post "Reply" (quick reply does not have the button to insert a picture) then click "insert picture" button and paste the URL in place.
SeaHunt View Drop Down

Quote SeaHunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2013 at 23:32
Helps me too...thx mate
Groupie
Groupie

Quote firstcarwasworththew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2013 at 01:16
okay so how https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=d91a785778&view=att&th=13db9c78d2a708c8&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8XaYBvFme571uJ7UFml_gW&sadet=1365376619784&sads=s-qXFuvE8g9r5KerSjIZGuvZ8TY&sadssc=1
VICTIMS:
Groupie
Groupie

Quote firstcarwasworththew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2013 at 01:18
how do i find this "insert picture" button lol and would the above url be the correct format?
VICTIMS:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>