The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Off-Topic Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Back to VW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back to VW
    Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 21:31
I totaled the Jag a few weeks ago and needed a new car. I flew out and picked up my new car yesterday over 600 miles away. It took me about nine hours to get it home.

Details - 2007 Blue Graphite 2.0T 6MT Sport Package 2 with Nav.
Bonus features are one owner with a bizillion records, APR Stage 1 (good for 252HP and 303TQ), new Conti DWS tires, lifetime Sirius subscription, Volk-L Bluetooth, Neuspeed short shift, Gaslock shifter knob(not too sure bout this), flawless interior.

Not-so-bonus features are is has over 90K miles, needs a timing belt job soon ($$), hood looks like it was in a meteor shower (no dents, just poorly touched up chips), and curb city on the otherwise sweet 18" Samarkand wheels.

Driving impressions were very good! I had enough time to put it through its paces. Seriously, the APR program rocks in this car. The car's light weight (3345lbs) and sport suspension made it feel very GTI-like. Quick is a good word. The new Contis and slippery design made it very quiet inside.

This is our second 2.0T. The wifey had an '07 Tip variant before her current Volvo. That car was great, and this one is great too. I paid in cash this time so extra money will be available for servicing and to refurb stuff.

What ch'all think?

2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2012 at 08:32
VERY nice!! Welcome back to the B6 ownership club. We love ours.

The Samarkand wheel is SO sexy...nice find!
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
 Post Reply Post Reply