Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Passenger Wiper Blade Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mr.Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passenger Wiper Blade Replacement
    Posted: 13-Feb-2012 at 19:19
I searched... nothing.

Are there any replacement blades available for the off-center pivot on the passenger wiper? I've tried several brands/options, but have yet to find anything that matches...

Right now I'm using an ANCO Contour on the driver side. Nice & quiet... I was hoping to use the same for the passenger side, but the pivot is dead center and doesn't have the same coverage as the stock, unless I go longer, and leave a bit hanging over the windshield edge...
2003 W8 Variant
Malcolm Tucker View Drop Down

Quote Malcolm Tucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2012 at 21:33
Bosch make a set of Aerotwin wipers which have the correct arrangement for the W8. I'll see if I can find the part # for you...
"I've got more on my plate than a spinster at a wedding"
Mr.Fisher View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Mr.Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2012 at 23:49
I had a Bosch ICON on the driver side. lasted about 8 weeks before it started chattering with every swipe. hopefully these Aerotwins are a bit more enduring.
2003 W8 Variant
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2012 at 02:00
Originally posted by Mr.Fisher

Right now I'm using an ANCO Contour on the driver side. Nice & quiet... I was hoping to use the same for the passenger side, but the pivot is dead center and doesn't have the same coverage as the stock, unless I go longer, and leave a bit hanging over the windshield edge...

Fairly sure the passenger side blade on mine was longer than the driver's side. I wanna say I had 17" on ds and 20" on the ps? It's been awhile...
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
02passatw8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote 02passatw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2012 at 03:15
I had Bosch icon on mine. Whatever size they suggested and never had any problems.
mperew8 View Drop Down

Quote mperew8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2012 at 03:12
I went right to the dealership, $19.50 a blade ask them to mark the passenger side blade as they only fit one way.

-2004 W8 6spd Silverstone Grey.
MC40monster View Drop Down

Quote MC40monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2012 at 21:19
Originally posted by mperew8

I went right to the dealership, $19.50 a blade ask them to mark the passenger side blade as they only fit one way.
2004 W8 Passat Variant Manual Trans.
2004 MINI Cooper S MC40
1990 VW Jetta GL
1960 VW Double Cab Pick-up
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 20:23
Source replacement inserts/refills for the blade - you do not need to buy a whole new blade.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/61-b5-information-base/127303-aero-blade-wiper-refill-procedure-pics.html
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
 Post Reply Post Reply