Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Black overhead console

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin
Admin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black overhead console
    Posted: 01-Sep-2014 at 21:22
Bummer. Yeah, it took me several very light coats. I went from light grey to black, and yes, it does take quite a bit, especially on the fabric. In the end, you have to almost expect it to be more of a very dark charcoal. Because it'll look like a very rich black, but the moment something brushes against the black it'll look more gray. It takes some work to really break loose all the fibers and make it feel like fabric and not just spray paint.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2014 at 15:44
Thanks Sean. Yea I have a bunch of spots that "wore" back to beige just from installation. I wish I had bought a gray interior to paint. I might rip it back down and paint it again because I have to touch up basically the entire thing.

If you decide to turn your car into a racer I will happily purchase your W8 light switch. Mine is acceptable looking just due to the fact that I am tall enough to not really see it
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2014 at 23:03
Originally posted by KenBIII

Thanks Sean. Yea I have a bunch of spots that "wore" back to beige just from installation. I wish I had bought a gray interior to paint. I might rip it back down and paint it again because I have to touch up basically the entire thing.

If you decide to turn your car into a racer I will happily purchase your W8 light switch. Mine is acceptable looking just due to the fact that I am tall enough to not really see it

When I reinstalled mine, I did a fair amount of touching up while it was in place. Just ensure you mask things off really well if you go that route.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2014 at 23:15
I was gonna spray it onto a sponge and then blot it on. The cans don't really work trying to spray upsidedown.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123