Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Mechanics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Twin Turbo W8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twin Turbo W8
    Posted: 28-Nov-2012 at 23:06
i would so do this lol
poop
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2012 at 11:41
Thats just gonna have awesome amounts of lag. Still don't understand the obsession with adding 2 turbos when the simplest, easiest and cheapest method is to supercharge it.

Max power it can possibly take is south of 400bhp so 2 turbos are overkill

Edited by dmcdmc - 30-Nov-2012 at 11:42
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2012 at 14:41
You have to start somewhere... Also where would one fit a super charger in the engine bay?
Looking to buy a W8 Wagon 6-Speed to haul grocceries...And I finally found one on 2-16-2008
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2012 at 15:05
For starters the max brake per litre is proven to be 92bhp (368bhp total) as in the Bentley twin turbo (6 litre 550bhp). That also has titanium conrods which we don't so that also limits how much power could be added to a W8. So using Turbo's that have the potential to add way more than the 93bhp that is the potential limit seems pointless.

A charger would either sit where the airbox is using a Rotrex charger or similar or it would sit on top of the block like an Eaton charger. Either way you get instant power and deliver the 93bhp without going over the top.

Just my thoughts

Edited by dmcdmc - 30-Nov-2012 at 15:21
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2012 at 16:01
I'm all for people trying different things. My W8 is my daily driver, so i can't afford to mess with it right now. Nor am I mechanically inclined when it comes to cars.

I used to be into Acura Legends (ok still am), there were zero performance parts for them as they were a 40k sedans/coupe driven by older people who could care less about performance. But as the cars aged and became cheaper, the younger crowd made parts for them to meet demand. Maybe that will happen for the W8 too.
Looking to buy a W8 Wagon 6-Speed to haul grocceries...And I finally found one on 2-16-2008
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2012 at 00:39
Not sure if this means anything but.
Side by side with non turbo

I'm noticing my shift to first comes up before his, but he skips through second a lil quicker.

Is he running manual or slush box?

Edited by yesimalex - 02-Dec-2012 at 00:40
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2012 at 03:53
Maybe its the turbo lag?
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2012 at 01:56
Only thing that is lagging is information from OP. Jeebus, can't we get a friggin bone here!?
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2012 at 02:29
yeah I know. And not to knock the guy (really I'm not, utmost respect) but his posts are hard to understand.....

I'm just trying to grasp all his info.
vdubnluvn View Drop Down

Quote vdubnluvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2012 at 14:17
Tom here.

I am the proud owner of this beast you speak of.
built it in a short time budget minded.
everything is holding up well, lamda is happy, even the transmission is happy.

what i love most about the end result of this setup is the lag and the auto. i can drive it around anywhere and stay out of boost, and get 16-18 mpg, but when i stomp it @10psi boost kicks in as fast as any journal bearing   t-3 4cyl would, and this wagon hauls ass.

01e 6 speed swap is in the works, and we are still tweaking the tune. absolutely no engine mods,( except pcv vacuum delete) even running the stock 120k spark plugs. so, other than driving it i haven't done much of anything new, the next plan is to get all the exhaust piping ceramic coated and make things pretty.
its a ton faster since the you tube vids, i think that was 6psi and only one turbo working. its truly a beast.

Let me know if you have any questions. Ill try and participate in this forum.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>