Forum Home Forum Home > Members > Europe
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Just showing off now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just showing off now.
    Posted: 10-Dec-2012 at 23:26
Well, had a bit of a bump back in May, what with everything else that was going on, it just seemed like the icing on the cake.

Still, best not dwell on that. Car got written off by the insurance company - 4600gbp of damage on an car they estimated worth 3800. Got the car back and set to repairing it, got it back on the road and fully checked out with VOSA for a lot less than the insurance quote, which is nice.

Got it all fixed up then some lowlife piece of crap decides to go down the street at a friend's house and kick off all the door mirrors on the cars in the street. Replacements sourced from our very own DMC (who is a very very nice man, btw). Decided to roll with the black mirrors for a change (means i don't have to get one of the caps sprayed blue to match)

Figured once i'd got it all fixed up, i'd use the rest of the money to get it looking real pretty. Here's the results.

Wheels are Phaeton Challenge, powdercoated in a wet look grey. Hope you like, i certainly do :)

Edited by RobG - 10-Dec-2012 at 23:28
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2012 at 23:31
LOVE that color! It's so nice to see one that's more of a bold hue, they seem to tend to be pretty modestly painted.
allaheadfull View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote allaheadfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2012 at 23:58
very nice, and lovely to see a clean one, I can hardly read the number plate on the front of mine at present, with all the salt on the roads.
2002 W8 Silver 6 Speed Manual
RobG View Drop Down

Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2013 at 20:37
I realised i've not updated in a while. So what's been happening since the detailing. Well, it tried to kill me on a drive out, one of the brake pads snapped and dropped out resulting in brake pedal dropping to the floor. So new brakes all round.
Then the gearbox failed, turns out there was a fracture in some part of the gearbox oil cooling system that leaked all my gearbox oil out without my realising. Result, one shagged gearbox. A replacement is around £4k fitted. Managed to get a local gearbox company to rebuild it for just under a grand, new clutch and refit another grand on top of that.
And then the exhaust flexi failed, so it's been blowing quite badly. Getting a new one fitted tomorrow (with a few small modifications on the way).
Oh and the nav unit broke, one of the springs in the CD mechanism came off in the accident, so it's been rolling around the inside making random contacts happen. I've fixed the spring back, although unsure if the random touching has done any permenant damage yet. Currently still rocking the factory gamma unit.
RobG View Drop Down

Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2013 at 20:01
And a quick picture update. The lardy barge got hit with the lowering stick :) It's not that low, and it still scrapes reversing up the driveway.

srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2013 at 14:12
Looks great! Still love this color, lol.
SeaHunt View Drop Down

Quote SeaHunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2013 at 03:17
nice and tidy too :)
 Post Reply Post Reply