The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedCross Country Trip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tavman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cross Country Trip
    Posted: 13-Apr-2007 at 21:04
All right I am kind of a new owner(6 Months). 2003 W8 Variant Tip. I am currently stationed in Oregon and will be transferring to the East Coast this summer. I need some advice on any pre-maintenance I should do. I have already planned an oil change, spark plugs, and tire rotation- if anybody can suggest anything else please throw out there for me.
Also, all of you who live across this country any suggestions on places to see or things to do please throw some suggestions.

To all of you who have posted about oil changes, or problems with your car thank you. You have saved me a couple hundred dollars already.
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2007 at 23:53
Maybe have the brake fluid flushed - that should be done every two years.
Depending on how many miles you have, consider having the tranny pan dropped, filter and fluid changed.
Check the pressure/ condition of the beloved donut.
Eyeball the serpentine belt real good (maybe buy a spare and stash it in the car).
2003 W8 Tip Limousine - locked in sports mode
GIAC pump/stock/ race files
Blue Spirit/ Black
Carps View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Carps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 06:29
The donut ?
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 15:43
The donut is slang for the limited use spare they put in some cars, the W8 amongst them.
It is intended for use only to get you to a real tire - warning to go no more than 50 miles at 50 mph.
2003 W8 Tip Limousine - locked in sports mode
GIAC pump/stock/ race files
Blue Spirit/ Black
Carps View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Carps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 15:57
Ta
coach_pilot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote coach_pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 06:53
Originally posted by BlueSteW8

The donut is slang for the limited use spare they put in some cars, the W8 amongst them.

Donut -

But to be serious, I think if your car is in good condition nothing else is to do now. The usual works have already been mentioned: Correct oil amount, tire pressure and water to clean your windscreen. Maybe you should check the condition of the wipers, could be helpful sometimes.

And then: Enjoy your trip. In my (far away German) opinion you are living in the best country for journeys at all. And in addition it is soooo beautiful.

Edited by coach_pilot - 15-Apr-2007 at 13:03
 Post Reply Post Reply