The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Do It Yourself Guides
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Problem with brake system. Need help immediately
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Problem with brake system. Need help immediately

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with brake system. Need help immediately
    Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 14:22
I change the breaks on my car today W8 of course and I did evrything that said on this link

http://www.s4girl.com/Gallery/StockPadHowTo

Ok now if you open the hood you see where you put the break fluid at is licking from the own top I don't know why is doing that and I feel the brake also wierd.

When I press it it feels like something is clicking or something
any ideas how can I fix the problem?

Edited by R32Viper - 26-Mar-2017 at 14:59
M1ck View Drop Down

Quote M1ck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 15:32
Is your brake fluid resevoir over full?
craig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 17:15
Remove the excess fluid with a turkey baster (or similar).

BTW, that link is just to replace the pads, e.g., at a track when one switches to race pads (and, personally, I would do more there as well). It does not cover anywhere near everything that should be inspected/lubricated/done when doing a brake service that involves replacing pads. For example, the calipers use a floating design, and if you did not lubricate and free the caliper slider(s), then you may have wierd brake feel (among other things). If you did not measure/replace/etc. the rotors, then you may have weird brake feel until the new pads 'wear in.' If you didn't use anti-seize in the right places, then you may ... etc. etc.

Of course, some people get away with doing none of the above.

Also, brake feel is weird until the pads are bedded in. (Bedding procedure depends on the pad.)
If you want a sports saloon, the last two words that'd pop into your head, after, say, "Mister" and "Kipling," are "Volkswagen" and "Passat." - J. Clarkson
R32Viper View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 18:25
Craig you should do your own Post of how to change the brake pads and explain evrything how it should be done. That why other people will learn some more thanks I appriciate it very much.

Well the problem was that who ever had the car, kept overfilling the thing where you put the brake fluid up so when I put the new pads on the liguid kept going up and it was doing a lot of pressure when I use to push the brakes, so what I did I got a sucking device to suck oil and stuff and suck the extra liquid off. now is normal.

But I still the brakes feels bad when you push it I guees I'm wait until the brakes wears. If not I'm take it to the VW dealer and let them check them out I guess it will be cheaper than changing evrything up.

If somebody Can Make a Real Good review if possible with Pictures how to Change Brake Pads that would be great that way some other club menbers do not make the same mistake that I made by not doing what ever was left to do thanks and appriciate evrything.

Keep posting.
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 19:56
You may also try bleeding the brakes. Perhaps you have some air in the lines. If it hasn't been done in 2 years then they all need to be bled anyway.
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
R32Viper View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 22:58
Yes B5Crazy thats my next step and the the spark plugs too.
R32Viper View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2007 at 20:27
Well the wierd brake feeling is out for good I guess it was the brake fluid overfilled and I even close the reservoir, so that none will come out and my friend told me I could even blow out the can that holds the brake fluid.

Damm lucky me that it didn't happen.

I was thinkin whenever I need to change the brake pads again that I imagine is going to be like arround 90,000 miles I'm going to change the brake system I want one like the audi rs4 have on theirs, it is painted like yellow or red that would be nice to have and with some nice rimms on it.

Any body knows where I can find any comparable to my 2004 W8?

Edited by R32Viper - 13-Mar-2008 at 01:59
 Post Reply Post Reply