The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Anybody knows Where I can find....................
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Anybody knows Where I can find....................

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody knows Where I can find....................
    Posted: 02-May-2007 at 22:26
I lost my BBS ryms security lock I left it on the rims when I finish changing the brakes I forgot to take them out of the rims and went around the block to test the brakes and they felt off I pass like 10 times around the block and didn't saw them again. Anybody knows where I can order them and find them online or anywhere else?
dubya_eight View Drop Down

Quote dubya_eight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 08:27
You'll probably need to contact BBS directly, if they are the ones that actually supplied the lugs. There is a code from the lug that they can reference and get a replacement. They may not have been BBS at all. Locking lugs are readily available at auto parts stores. If the previous owner installed them later, then you will have a hard time getting replacements without knowing the maker. Or if the rims came factory installed the dealership may be able to help too.
------------------------------
2003 W8
Tip
Blue Spirit / Black
------------------------------
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 09:14
Were they BBS through VW or through BBS? VW has several "keys" for their locks and any dealer can figure out which one you have.
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 14:03
Yeah... if they were the OE VW keys (i.e. with the Sport Package BBS Madras rims), the dealer will have the complete set of keys (there are 10 variations with a differing number of splines).

The part number is 8D0 601 139F, plus a 3-digit code from the following table:

Splines   Code
10      000
11      001
13      002
14      003
15      004
16      005
17      006
19      007
20      008
21      009
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 14:32
In the center of each key is either one or several letters that corresponds to the correct variation.
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 15:17
Originally posted by B5crazy

In the center of each key is either one or several letters that corresponds to the correct variation.

Do you mean the code is stamped in the centre of the lug bolt? Because if he lost the key, he's no further ahead looking at it to find the correct code!
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 16:39
Originally posted by fitzski

Do you mean the code is stamped in the centre of the lug bolt? Because if he lost the key, he's no further ahead looking at it to find the correct code!

No, it's on the Key. I was just providing some info for those who already have a key and might want another one.
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

R32Viper View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 18:59
Yes they are the original that came with the car as a sport pakage. Like the Factory rims wich I'm pretty sure that BBS make then.
R32Viper View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 19:01
Yeah I guess I would need to go to the dealership and see if they have them if not order them I though they were the same for evrysingle W8. MMMMMMMM I guess they change the locks a little.
Thanks guys.
coach_pilot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote coach_pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2007 at 11:48
Originally posted by dubya_eight

You'll probably need to contact BBS directly, if they are the ones that actually supplied the lugs.

It's too late now. The wellknown German BBS factory is bankrupt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>